OT: Lets Go Birds! (All Baseball Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
It still blows my mind that Mozeliak and upper management chose to not go out and spend more to sign Max Scherzer back in 2015. I guess hindsight is 20/20, but they clearly felt that they could rely on "our guys" already in the organization. The "Cardinal Way."

Guess that didn't work out too well with Miller, Weaver, Kaminsky, Reyes, Garcia.... the list goes on and on.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
It still blows my mind that Mozeliak and upper management chose to not go out and spend more to sign Max Scherzer back in 2015. I guess hindsight is 20/20, but they clearly felt that they could rely on "our guys" already in the organization. The "Cardinal Way."

Guess that didn't work out too well with Miller, Weaver, Kaminsky, Reyes, Garcia.... the list goes on and on.

Yeah they blew that opportunity. How you could pass up bringing in a hometown ace is beyond me.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Why its Waino? His name is Adam Wainwright Asking just for reason Wäinö is finnish name. Something to do with that?

Because for a lot of nicknames, you take part of the name and add -o or -er.

But don't worry about Waino. We shouldn't be giving him any more starts

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Because for a lot of nicknames, you take part of the name and add -o or -er.

But don't worry about Waino. We shouldn't be giving him any more starts
Why not?
He just went out and threw 6 innings in which he gave up 1 run and had 9 strikeouts.
Pretty solid compared to our other starters.
Just seems like they’re not pitching as much to contact anymore.
Too dang high of pitch counts and it’s making me a little skeptical

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Why not?
He just went out and threw 6 innings in which he gave up 1 run and had 9 strikeouts.
Pretty solid compared to our other starters.
Just seems like they’re not pitching as much to contact anymore.
Too dang high of pitch counts and it’s making me a little skeptical
I was told by @TheDizee that Waino should never get another start and since he's "always right," I just assumed

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
even a blind squriell finds a nut every now and then

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Mikolas was clearly a flash in the pan last year.
thats why i said it was stupid of them to extend him but many others said it was going to be a "steal"

i didnt see anything last year from him that screamed elite pitcher to me. the cards could make a entire roster of horrible contracts signed by Mo.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Nolan Gorman this year is 10-21 with 2HR, a triple, three doubles and 8 RBI as one of the youngest players in the league. Dude absolutely rakes.
The kid has been nothing short of amazing to start his career.

I would not be surprised to see him get a cup of coffee in the majors next year.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
That Verdugo chump needs a Hicks heater in the ribs. He peeks at the catcher on every pitch.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
LMFAO. Ozuna with one of the worst baseball plays of all time. Just picture perfect seeing him fall to the ground and the baseball bouncing off the ground right in front of him, over the wall, for a ground rule double. And he could have easily made the catch on the track.

No idea why he didn't just look up and see where the ball was instead of climbing up the wall....

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
he literally had time to circle under that and catch it like a routine ball

guy is a terrible defender, complete with a noodle arm.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
LOL I saw it on Twitter and when I started the video I thought I was about to watch Ozuna make a spectacular catch and then...that happened.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017

I'll add Harper to that list. I am convinced Harper would have loved to sign here.

Paul Goldschmidt is to Ryan O'Reilly what Bryce Harper is to John Tavares and the Cardinals should have had both but too much money was tied up in Patrick Berglund (Dexter Fowler) and Vlad Sobotka (Brett Cecil). Shame

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->