OT: Lets Go Birds! (All Baseball Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Alcantra-Flaherty would’ve been a pretty nice 1-2 punch for the rotation.
Why stop there? A rotation of Flaherty, Alcantara, and Gallen would have been a damn good starting rotation.

I'm totally willing to eat crow on Alcantara. I never thought he could handle a starter's workload with his body. He's proven me wrong.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
ya he is. hes pulling a schwartz
This comparison is so stupid :laugh: Schwartz has been a consistent 50-60 player for 7 straight years, and never one of the game’s elite players. Flaherty has one off half/COVID screwy season where every imaginable routine was thrown in a blender and suddenly he’s regressing when the second half of his previous season was one of the best stretches in the history of the game. This is just plain dumb.

Sick win for the Cards tonight. Basically their 8th best starter against the Marlins’ ace and they found a way to pull it off. Middle of the order and bullpen look great. Rest of the order needs some improvement.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
arenado is the best hitter we have had since beltran

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Remember, though, he can’t hit outside of Coors :laugh:

This is only going to make Goldy better too. He doesn’t have to be the guy. He can be incredible backup.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Arenado looks pretty awesome so far - I was pretty surprised with how little coverage there was about us getting him....I was like, ahh, we just got like the best 3B in the league, to go along with a team that has consistently made the playoffs - yet we're still barely above .500 in most projections.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Arenado looks pretty awesome so far - I was pretty surprised with how little coverage there was about us getting him....I was like, ahh, we just got like the best 3B in the league, to go along with a team that has consistently made the playoffs - yet we're still barely above .500 in most projections.
because our starting pitching is very suspect

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Why the hell are we starting Ponce de Leon when we have that Oviedo dude.....Ponce throws like 98% fastballs, you can't be an effective starter like that - the Oviedo dude had a sick 4-5 pitch mix with tons of movement.

Reactions: Apitheous and Spear

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not addressing the OF with a quality bat is going to kill the offense. Even an Eddie Rosario type, someone that can bring a level of production that you can rely on. Starting Carlson makes sense, gotta give him time, but you then can't continue to go with question marks with every other OF spot. You need someone that you can reliably say will get you a certain level of production.

Reactions: TheDizee

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Not addressing the OF with a quality bat is going to kill the offense. Even an Eddie Rosario type, someone that can bring a level of production that you can rely on. Starting Carlson makes sense, gotta give him time, but you then can't continue to go with question marks with every other OF spot. You need someone that you can reliably say will get you a certain level of production.
This is what pains me the most; outfielders who are inconsistent at bat.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
very amusing to watch matt carpenter continue to be fed ABs and starts rofl

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Goldy doesn't look the same since he missed that game with a back issue - I hope he's not trying to play through it b/c he's behind on everything right now.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Well this has been a fun game.

I don't think the Cards are ready to compete, but I do like the direction and I'm bully on their potential. Now potential means nothing if the players don't convert on it. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mo with another move for either a starter or outfielder to insulate the team.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
this team is performing to about what i expected. a .500 baseball team.

they continue to feed carpenter ABs even though he does not deserve it and they without a doubt have the worst OF in Cardinals history. Starting pitching does not give them more than 5IP on a GOOD day.

Basically Arenado and Goldschimdt need to hit 35hr and 115rbi each, Yadi needs to hit 20hr and 80rbi for this team to have a shot.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I do not know what is worse:

Mo
Our manager
Starting rotation
Our outfield
Carpenter

I think the outfield may be the least problematic there....and thats sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad