Lets give some credit to the Ottawa Senators

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Their roster is bad but if you don't take them seriously there's enough talent that they will beat you (Tkachuk, Chabot etc). Happened recently with them on a home and home vs Carolina. Completely outworked them and pulled off a big upset, next game Canes were ready and crushed them.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Credit to them for being in most games but honestly they need to tank hard for one more season and get one of either Lafreniere or Byfield then they are set.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Give DJ Snith credit and some of the moves Dorion made this summer. A much more determined team this year. Adding a few character players and coach can make such a difference. They still have a ways to go, but they are headed in the right direction.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Sens with one game in hand and only one point behind the Leafs more then 25% into the season I think all Sens fans should be very happy with that.

Reactions: Devonator

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is a good jinx thread to get us back into top lottery contention.

We win games with a great work ethic and the worst PP in the league.

I’m not under any illusion that this is sustainable over an entire season.

Reactions: discostu and Kamina

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
This is a good jinx thread to get us back into top lottery contention.

We win games with a great work ethic and the worst PP in the league.

I’m not under any illusion that this is sustainable over an entire season.

Just trade Nilsson, Vladdy, JGP and Duclair

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Whats up with Borocop having a career year. After all the concussion problems I am very happy for his early success. A dying breed amongst defenseman so Ill enjoy it while it lasts.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Whats up with Borocop having a career year. After all the concussion problems I am very happy for his early success. A dying breed amongst defenseman so Ill enjoy it while it lasts.

He’s been playing with DeMelo.

Dylan makes his partner look better.

He’s like the D-Whisperer.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Props to the sens they do have some nice young talent. It’s great they are winning but in the last few weeks they went from having two top 5 picks (more or less) to two much less sexy picks

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Apparently this off season he focused more on cardio rather than lifting but I can't say I've seen a noticeable difference in his game.

Biggest reason for the team's success of late is being able to roll 4 dependable lines out there. Some of that has to do with additions in C.Brown, Namestnikov, Duclair and Ennis but at the same time you have a couple younger guys in L.Brown, Paul and Chlapik making a positive impact. They don't have that line that can change a game, it's more of a group effort and on most nights they have at least 3 lines playing good hockey. We will have to wait and see if that will continue. The PP also has to get better if they want to continue this success but I do think Logan Brown is exactly what it needs.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly, I think right now they are riding high on a new coach and system, and a few guys with an axe to grind playing well. I honestly think that in 2 months time they will be playing a lot worse, just like the Wings are going to be even worse. We have played a decent number of lower teams and now we will be playing mostly all teams that should beat us, and Ottawa is roughly the same. Lots of good teams also seem to take 2-3 months before they really get going good, and as the bad teams fall further out of contention for the playoffs, they don't play as hard and pile up more losses.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Ehh this team needs top draft picks bad.

Senators have spent enough years being a middling team.
Senators have rarely been a middling team, they're usually either competing or bottom 5. Since 2010 they have more bottom 5 finishes than 'middling'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->