GDT: Let's Get Wild! (Flams v Wld) 7:00 MT January 9 SNET-F

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Missed the game. Were the Wild players following Johnny around, viciously slashing his hand all game?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
In the last couple of games Rittich has looked tired. Mentally, not physically. It's not easy to stay 100% focused for every game from the start, but as the game goes on you get focused. I believe that's why Rittich has strugled in his starts lately, even though Flames sloppy defence can be blamed as well.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Talbot and Rittich right now:
MintyFatherlyLhasaapso-small.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Is it possible that Rittich's puck moving actually makes a difference?
I was thinking that the skaters don't trust Talbot as much as they do Rittich.

I've always liked Talbot and think he's earned the net for the time being but I'm not sure I would play him against Edmonton. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen if they have such a hard time scoring when he's out there

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I was thinking that the skaters don't trust Talbot as much as they do Rittich.

I've always liked Talbot and think he's earned the net for the time being but I'm not sure I would play him against Edmonton. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen if they have such a hard time scoring when he's out there
I don't buy that the goalie we put in affects our ability to score THAT much. Our team has struggled to score when Rittich is in too, but it might be due to the fact that Rittich has been known to let in early goals so we are having to play a more aggressive game of catch-up so offense is all eyes on the prize early on.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Flames are pacing for 226 goals WITH 4 shootout goals. The offense has been simply anemic for much of the season. Its been improving under Ward, but I don't think this team will maintain a playoff standing unless we get squarely into the 3 GPG range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad