Speculation: Let's face the truth, this is not a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Sadly agree.

Burke doesn't get enough credit for the way he's turned around franchises. He's taken some mediocre teams and turned them quickly into nasty, tough to play against teams.

Just don't know if MB has it in him.

I will always respect Burke. He does things his own way and has been successful everywhere he's gone. We will always be at a disadvantage because we can't find the best guys in the business. We have to find the best French guys....and the pickings are slim.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
this board is so funny

Its an average team, getting better. Bergevin has been here less than 1 full season and people think he sucks already. Therrien hasnt coached a full season, fire him!

I actually think our team is in good shape going fowrward. Gonna go through growing pains, but guys like Price, Subban, Gally, Gallagher, Patch, Bournival, Eller, thats a nice core. Just need a few more good drafts and were in the money.

I dont know what people expected this year. We are in every game, we compete, but the results havent been there in the last few games.

Take a breather

I think we were all ready for growing pains when Bergie got here. But he has made many head scratching moves since he got here. If we're going to be a developing young team then why sign DD to ghat stupid contract? Why Briere? Why Bouillion? Why Murray? Why Therien?

Yes, Bergie is new and should be given a chance to put his stamp on the team but the moves he has made thus far are nonsensical.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
What a novel thread!

The only thing 80% of posters here do is ***** about the team, bergevin, therrien and half the players, and its been going on for a while now.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Blues match up well against us because they are BIG AND FAST, which wears out our fast yet smaller guys. And yes, their coach has a good system too.

Seems like we ran out of gas against them, the played OT just to get to the shootout and not generate anything....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We will always be at a disadvantage because we can't find the best guys in the business. We have to find the best French guys....and the pickings are slim.

Not as far as GMs go, but certainly the Cunneyworth controversy has pretty much established the baseline that you can only draw from a limited pool. A coach's high volume of media obligations have all but made it impossible for Molson to endorse a non-French speaking hiring.

Luckily for us, there is a solid contingent of French-speaking coaches to draw from, assuming our timing will be right.

Unfortunately, the language thing will always rear its ugly head, even on the most insignificant of things. Take for instance the "NO EXCUSES" sign in English-only that was hung the Habs dressing room at the beginning of last year, intended for players only and based on the language that business is conducted between coaches and players in any NHL dressing room.

The Journal de Montréal's Marc De Foy decided that the sign was offensive to him, called Geoff Molson and complained how the sign should not be in English-only and since journalists also frequented the dressing room, they were thus all entitled to have the French language "respected" by having a French version of the sign.

De Foy himself shed light on his complaint during a segment of TVA's Le Match last year. The best part -- Geoff Molson said he was surprised by the request and told De Foy he was the only individual to have complained about it. De Foy still ended up getting his way.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Its not even speculation, the Habs are mediocre... they're ''not bad'' but wont be able to win against big clubs in the playoff. I dont even care if they win the next 5 games it changes nothing for me...Im not changing my mind every 2 games...its easy to see that with this mediocre lineup you have ZERO chance to win a Stanley Cup.

All they can do is perimeter shooting and block shots, they're too small(everybody knows), too many passengers....

Oh and yeah... they're so boring to watch...honestly....

'' Wow !!! Gorges blocked another shot !!! What an entertaining game !!! ''

'' Where is Subban ? ''

''....on the bench.....''

''Uhhhhhh......''

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
I know their record would indicate this but they are not. Those other 2 team simply out muscled us big time. But yea your right, this team is mediocre at best.

I don't know, when I watched the Colorado game, I saw a team that's incredibly fast, hungry and relentless. Colorado is a young team, just because they were bad last year, doesn't mean they are a bad team. They mature, they grow and they got better. Not to mention they've finally brought in some proper management. To dismiss their accomplishment simply because you want to prove that we are crap is ridiculous.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Parros cost the team what, one goal...wow, let's waive him!

Cut the guy some slack, he's coming back from a concussion and facing some top/hot teams. Normally he wouldn't play every night, but with 4-5 guys out up front he plays each game.

If Parros is playing with Bournival/Prust and Moen then it helps him a lot more than White and St.Pierre/Blunden.

One goal last game, 3 in minny.

I'm not saying to not play him or to waive him. I just said I can't see the logic of playing him in the third with a 1 goal lead, but not playing Subban because he makes mistakes... Calm down, man.

And by the way, shortening your bench with a 1 goal lead in the third by benching your one-dimensional goon isn't something special. For many, it's basic coaching.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Parros cost the team what, one goal...wow, let's waive him!

Cut the guy some slack, he's coming back from a concussion and facing some top/hot teams. Normally he wouldn't play every night, but with 4-5 guys out up front he plays each game.

If Parros is playing with Bournival/Prust and Moen then it helps him a lot more than White and St.Pierre/Blunden.

If Parros isn't ready to be back yet he shouldn't be playing. The guy is worse than useless right now, and his very presence in the lineup is making us worse. He's worse than any of our random AHL guys at anything but facepunching.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Blues match up well against us because they are BIG AND FAST, which wears out our fast yet smaller guys. And yes, their coach has a good system too.

Seems like we ran out of gas against them, the played OT just to get to the shootout and not generate anything....

The Blues are fast but I wouldn't categorize them as big. Oshie Steen Schwartz Shattenkirk Jackman Roy Morrow Tarasenko Svobodka Leopold are all average to small and play regular minutes. They play like a Hitchcock team, very tight defensively and don't give you much space.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If Parros isn't ready to be back yet he shouldn't be playing. The guy is worse than useless right now, and his very presence in the lineup is making us worse. He's worse than any of our random AHL guys at anything but facepunching.

He's ready to be back, but practicing 7-10 days still isn't the same pace as regular NHL games.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Blues are fast but I wouldn't categorize them as big. Oshie Steen Schwartz Shattenkirk Jackman Roy Morrow Tarasenko Svobodka Leopold are all average to small and play regular minutes. They play like a Hitchcock team, very tight defensively and don't give you much space.

But Oshie, Steen, Schwartz, Jackman, Morrow and Sobotka all play a tenacious game and a physical game. They are a lot different than the small players you see on Montreal, that are soft as butter, one dimensional and can't retain, or gain, puck possession to save their lives.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Parros was one of the best players on the ice vs Leafs. He's not totally useless.

He doesn't need play most nights. He only needs to play vs Divisional opponents.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You guys can see it? This team is small, lacking depth and more fockus on blocking shots. No forward with talent can trow decent check(well almost) and they all play with one hand on their sticks...what is this 5 dman squat?
There no denying that this team has guts but no way management can say this team is hard to play vs. I'm getting so tired at looking at the other team circling in our zone with our player trying to only poke check the puck or getting in the shooting lane. Our Dman are trying the bomb passes all the time and its taking all our speed in the neutral zone. They are always one step awaay from the puck and can't make an accurate chip to the forward with speed...to short but mostly always way to long. Spending 2 minute in ot in your zone controlling the puck is not gonna win you many games, they couldn't even past the blue line...wow. Now our best Daman is in a fluke, our young guns are cold and our vets are just to busy pleasing the coach.
After tonight if I'm the GM, I'm worried. It's not the losses that worries me but the way we did lose. No excuses with the injuries has I can remember the Pens winning without there top player, same with Colorado in the early days.

PS:With a small team, we go out and signed Briere? Ok fine but why keep Gionta, DD, Bouillon and get AHL vet like St-Pierre? Ok with Parros but he's a 13th forward at best.

Welcome to me before the season.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
One goal last game, 3 in minny.

I'm not saying to not play him or to waive him. I just said I can't see the logic of playing him in the third with a 1 goal lead, but not playing Subban because he makes mistakes... Calm down, man.

And by the way, shortening your bench with a 1 goal lead in the third by benching your one-dimensional goon isn't something special. For many, it's basic coaching.

What goal did he cost last game?

The 1st one was on Murray. The second one was a lucky bounce off two players, no way you can blame anybody on that one. Unless he used Price's pads and gloves he wasn't at fault for the SO one either.

Subban has never "not played" under this administration. Martin and Cunneyworth both scratched him his 1st 2 years but not the last 2 under Therrien.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
But Oshie, Steen, Schwartz, Jackman, Morrow and Sobotka all play a tenacious game and a physical game. They are a lot different than the small players you see on Montreal, that are soft as butter, one dimensional and can't retain, or gain, puck possession to save their lives.

How are they a lot different than the small guys on Montreal? Gallagher Gionta Desharnais Bouillon do the same but the message boards don't allow some fans to operate with common sense.

When the Habs win it's because of the young players, when they lose it's because they are old and small. Don't even have to watch a single minute to know the "script".

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
How are they a lot different than the small guys on Montreal? Gallagher Gionta Desharnais Bouillon do the same but the message boards don't allow some fans to operate with common sense.

When the Habs win it's because of the young players, when they lose it's because they are old and small. Don't even have to watch a single minute to know the "script".

The script is this team isn't very good. Bottom line.

Hey, is Kaberle available?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Parros was one of the best players on the ice vs Leafs. He's not totally useless.

He doesn't need play most nights. He only needs to play vs Divisional opponents.

I think Parros played better last night....the first 2 games he sucked but he seem to have his legs last night. When Prust gets back I think Parros will even look better....of coarse are whole team will look better with both Prust and Moen back:handclap:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Desharnais and Bouillon are nothing like any of those players you mentioned. I don't know what point you are trying to make, but the fact is, the Blues are a big team, they are relentless on the forecheck and they make you pay to be in their end or to retrieve the puck in your own end. In what sense does Bouillon, Desharnais, hell, even Gionta, make any one pay for anything?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I disagree , forget injuries , forget bad luck , let's look at this team.
The prospects are all doing very well , most of the veterans are producing (Plekanec/Gionta/Pacioretty). The only major issues are : coaching (I have no faith in Therrien since day one he doesn't seem like a very bright coach) and management forcing Desharnais into the lineup when he doesn't deserve it , just to justify his extension.

Addition by subtraction (DD) , keep coaching for now until a better option is available.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Briere - Bournival [Once Briere is back obviously]
Prust - White - Moen / Parros

P.K - Markov
Diaz - Gorges ( changes to Emelin - Gorges in Nov/Dec)
Bouillon - Murray (changes to Diaz - Murray/Bouillon when Emelin is back)

Price
Budaj

This is the best lineup we can put out there based on merit , chemistry and skill. Believe it or not this is a playoff team when healthy.

Last edited:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Yes they are a lot different, stop grasping at straws trying to pretend we are not small or that Blues are not big and physical. You sound like a crack addict trying to tell everyone he doesn't have a problem.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I think Parros played better last night....the first 2 games he sucked but he seem to have his legs last night. When Prust gets back I think Parros will even look better....of coarse are whole team will look better with both Prust and Moen back:handclap:

Parros has, and will continue to be awful. Just like Murray. When prust and moen get back, I ****ing hope he's locked up in the pressbox.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Parros has, and will continue to be awful. Just like Murray. When prust and moen get back, I ****ing hope he's locked up in the pressbox.

Oh come on and show Parros some love.....but I do agree with you about Murray.

A big majority complain when the habs get beat up so we went and got Parros to make them happy. If you thinking fighting between 2 goons is stupid I agree.......But the view from the hockey management and a lot of fans is very different.
And all polls show that is not going to change soon. So if we got to fight I want someone that can do the job and Parros does that as good as any other goon.

But I am sure you will disagree with me...........NO?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Oh come on and show Parros some love.....but I do agree with you about Murray.

A big majority complain when the habs get beat up so we went and got Parros to make them happy. If you thinking fighting between 2 goons is stupid I agree.......But the view from the hockey management and a lot of fans is very different.
And all polls show that is not going to change soon. So if we got to fight I want someone that can do the job and Parros does that as good as any other goon.

But I am sure you will disagree with me...........NO?

It's not my fault you're so stubborn and are deadset on being wrong all the time :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad