GDT: Let's Duckin' Go: Calgary vs Anaheim (8PM, HNIC)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Janks/Bennett line is suddenly our top line. I absolutely love what Bennett is bringing to the table, but damn Janks deserves so much credit. Honestly he’s one of our top players right now.

The a Gaudreau line was the best in the third, but Bennett and Janko being in the box was a big factor in why the 4 minute PP failed. We had Brouwer and Stajan out for half of it.

The PP looked good overall in the third though. We just couldn't corral a rebound to save our lives.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I know we won and all and it was a good win with 16 seconds left, but Brouwer had more ice-time than Mony, Gaudreau and Ferland. And no, he wasn't good tonight, made a ton of stupid plays.

What are you doing Gulutzan?

Reactions: Janks and Dack

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The a Gaudreau line was the best in the third, but Bennett and Janko being in the box was a big factor in why the 4 minute PP failed. We had Brouwer and Stajan out for half of it.

The moron that has Stajan and Brouwer out on the PP should be fired.....but I guess that's been said for months now.
The PP almost lost the game again.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Top line? Let's not go too crazy here

Our head coach literally said they’ve been our best line of late, so don’t just take my word for it. The fact is if they keep this up, they are going to start drawing other teams best lines and that’s only a great thing for the Monahan/Backlund line.

Honestly, Jankowski is just that good and Bennett is a beast down low.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

The PP looked good overall in the third though. We just couldn't corral a rebound to save our lives.

I agree with that. But the way Janks and Bennett hold onto possession is becoming scary. I never expected Janks to dominate like that this soon.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Our head coach literally said they’ve been our best line of late, so don’t just take my word for it. The fact is if they keep this up, they are going to start drawing other teams best lines and that’s only a great thing for the Monahan/Backlund line.

Honestly, Jankowski is just that good and Bennett is a beast down low.

As Flames fans lets pray that other teams are that stupid.

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
GG literally mentioned canceling the PP, thats how pathetic its been. Not gonna complain too much tho, wins a win and boooiii did this one feel good

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Don't like that we blew a two goal lead in the third. Do like that we won.

The run is on, throwing the stick is confirmed to work. Gulutzan Jack Admas incoming etc

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I thought i heard that, i was like wait did he really say that?
I know this is late, but what about Bieksa isn't honorable? Honest question. He's a bit of a troll that likes to get under people's skin, but he's always answered the bell and fights his own battles. He doesn't have a history of cheap shotting people or anything like that. He also by all accounts is actually an incredible human being. So why is it a stretch to call him honorable?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I would also like to say that the Flames were extremely lucky the referees were incompetent last night. By the rules, Bennett and Manson should have both been ejected due to being the second fight. But the call on Hathaway was correct, that was clearly instigating and instigating with a visor carries an automatic 10 minute misconduct. It's a rule that needs to change IMO since players don't have a choice about visors anymore, but I also imagine they are leaving it in as an extra deterrent not to instigate and reduce fighting.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I know this is late, but what about Bieksa isn't honorable? Honest question. He's a bit of a troll that likes to get under people's skin, but he's always answered the bell and fights his own battles. He doesn't have a history of cheap shotting people or anything like that. He also by all accounts is actually an incredible human being. So why is it a stretch to call him honorable?

I don't know why you're asking this. We hate him and say he has no honour because he's Kevin Bieksa and has played for the Canucks and the Ducks.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I don't think he always answers the bell and is certainly one of the biggest spot pickers in the NHL.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I will say he does job well. I don’t know him or much about him so I can’t comment on the type of person he is. But he is absolutely the guy you love to hate. I still dislike Kesler more and have zero respect for that man.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Lazar is an awful puck mover. Last night in the third he iced it instead of gaining center which lead to the shift where Anaheim tied the game and on his next shift he failed to get it out of the zone 2-3 times.

Next game I'm thinking
13-23-79
88-11-19
93-77-21
18-46-36

If Hrivik performs adequately as 4C I'd call up Klimchuk and sit Stajan. Assuming Jagr is no longer here at that point.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I will say he does job well. I don’t know him or much about him so I can’t comment on the type of person he is. But he is absolutely the guy you love to hate. I still dislike Kesler more and have zero respect for that man.

Kesler blows. I would take Bieksa over Kesler on the Flames any day simply because I wouldn't want to have to cheer for a team with Kesler on it, even given the disparity of talent between the two guys.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'm actually trying to figure out why I hated him so much over the years. It might just be his face. lol

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Good game, awful refereeing, great end. Great start for this year as well personally, I watched the Oilers game live with couple of friends (one is Dallas fan, lives in Texas) and this the next morning. And no hangover :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm actually trying to figure out why I hated him so much over the years. It might just be his face. lol

I will always remeber him, Kesler and Burrows from the prime Vancouver days and how they were all insufferable to watch as a Flames fan from their actions. I have to admit, they did their job to perfection but I will still never like any of them, I just can’t. And yeah Bieksa has a mug that’s easy to dislike.

I will say back when he was a still Nuck, he did cheap shot Ferland in the playoffs when they fought. Ferland wasn’t really able to chuck em and Bieksa took advantage. I think he knew what a pitbull Ferly was.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hell hath frozen over; the defending of Kevin 'Ferkland' Bieksa on the Flames board. Guy's a prick, has always been a prick, has always taken liberties and been a underrated dirty player because in his prime was a legit top 4D.

Great win, I watched this one on a cell phone while doing an Inglewood brewery crawl. Love what Benny and Hath did; first time this team has showed some balls in a long time. If you could get 1/100th of that emotion out of Monahan, our first line would be down right dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->