Speculation: Lets assume the Wings pick 6th

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
That said, I love Marchand, cheap shots an all.

I hoped Tatar might be more like Marchand, but his development has stopped.

To be fair, even when he was Tatar's age, no one thought Marchand would be the player he is today.

The way he exploded at 28 was phenomenal.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
At 6th?

Bouchard
Wahlstrom
Wilde
Kotkaniemi

Not in any order, just wouldn't be upset with the pick.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Just looking at this years draft and being we are looking at defensemen, IF we had the 6th pick and someone from the the 9th slot wanted to move up, what would it cost ?
because I'm not seeing that big of a gap between the likes of bouchard/hughes to dobson/smith. I mean don't you think it would be worth it if we could pick up another pick around 40th to drop down a couple slots ?

9th
27th
35th
37th
40th

doesn't sound appealing to you ?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Only way we should drop down from 6 to 9 is if we get another late 1st, very early second. 40th isn't good enough to drop 3 spots. Dropping needs to be because of an overpayment to do so, not an ordinary payment for it. Now if we got 9, and a really good young roster player, that might be enough.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
No interest in trading back. We worked too hard for drafting this high. We already have enough late 1st/early 2nd picks and we'll be lucky to get a really good player out of those. So just do your homework and take the best player you can at 6.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Only way we should drop down from 6 to 9 is if we get another late 1st, very early second. 40th isn't good enough to drop 3 spots. Dropping needs to be because of an overpayment to do so, not an ordinary payment for it. Now if we got 9, and a really good young roster player, that might be enough.

watch us trade 6 plus 33 for 10 and 11

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Possible scenerio

Carolina picks zadina at 2 due to necas/zadina chemistry

Montreal is already open to trading the 3rd pick.

Does Detroit move up to 3 to grab svech or is it too high of a price ?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
If they covet Mantha what about Mantha + 6 for 3 if Svechnikov is on the board?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Possible scenerio

Carolina picks zadina at 2 due to necas/zadina chemistry

Montreal is already open to trading the 3rd pick.

Does Detroit move up to 3 to grab svech or is it too high of a price ?
It makes sense for Detroit to draft a winger if they're a big upgrade and they've already got the pick. But I think it would be a net loss to add and trade up just to draft a winger. It would be mediocre value to upgrade at a position of strength. All the while they could keep their picks and get a great defenseman that they actually need.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
I'm all for accumulating picks, but a good portion on this board want quality talent on the team, and the lower picks are borderline nhl players. I would atleast entertain the idea of packaging the vegas pick and our 2nd to move up to the late teens if possible and someone we like slips.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I'm all for accumulating picks, but a good portion on this board want quality talent on the team, and the lower picks are borderline nhl players. I would atleast entertain the idea of packaging the vegas pick and our 2nd to move up to the late teens if possible and someone we like slips.

That's definitely an option if a desired player serendipitously slips.

Vegas pick (~28) + Ottawa 2nd (~33) should yield a mid/late-teens pick.

We do have multiple 2nds and 3rds to work with, decent position this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad