Let's analyze Lars Eller

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Should I have added the :sarcasm:? I just hate how people misuse the concept of "ceiling" around here as if development follows some set trajectory.

I can't stand how so many are unable (or unwilling) to actually take context into account when judging players. It's like people just look at stats columns and make up their minds from there :sarcasm:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I can't stand how so many are unable (or unwilling) to actually take context into account when judging players. It's like people just look at stats columns and make up their minds from there :sarcasm:

It is extremely frustrating. The fact is that in a hockey game a player can be outscored by another player but still have played a far superior game.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

You know what the funny thing is?

Goals and assists are stats themselves :)

The idea that an assist is worth just as much as a goal, an idea endorsed by 99% of fans, is itself an ad hoc statistic.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Even if Therrien sit him ... what is the problem ?
Some athletes respond well when their coach bench them.

Eller definitely has the potential to become a good player. He is an above average 3rd center with the potential of a 2C (Like some posted, it all depend how he devellops his offensive game).

Eller is overrated ??? Come on. Watch hockey and put thing in perspective.
How was Plekanec after 2 years in the NHL ??
Where was Desharnais 2 years ago ?

The fact is, right now, he is our best 3rd line center option. Still young, still have room to improve.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
According to Pierre Lebrun on Twitter, Niederreiter is seeking a trade...

How about Eller + Weber + a draft choice (2nd round?) for him?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
According to Pierre Lebrun on Twitter, Niederreiter is seeking a trade...

How about Eller + Weber + a draft choice (2nd round?) for him?
I'd probably do this. I like NN. Not sure what happened last year, but the guy has an edge and I like him. I like Eller too... but... I don't think the upside is the same. Could end being a bad deal. But I'd take the chance.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
I would trade NN vs Eller + Weber. NN has a bigger upside and he's younger, but his last season doesn't help to increase his value on the market.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Irrelevant to Eller, but the problems stems from...

Roman Hamrlik's freaking departure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad