Let's all get behind Price

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by loudi94, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sugar Domi

Sugar Domi Registered User

I hadn't heard of this myself before this thread and I doubt anyone gives a **** in a month.

Guys guys, Price is taking flak on twitter for hunting animals, let's get behind him !!! Laughable. This board rises to the defense of Price at the smallest of non events. Price is a grown ass man with millions in his bank account and he chose to twit pictures of himself holding a dead animal. I think he will manage without us "getting behind him", whatever that means.

Also,

This is hopelessly naive and that's an euphemism.

If you are a celebrity, and you willingly put yourself out there with any technological means be it tweeter, facebook, cameras, radios.. anything is fair game to be reported. You seem to have a warped notion of what twitter is. I hope you realize it's not just a tool for you to get closer to your idol and experience his life vicariously through his twitter account.

2. Jabba11

Jabba11 Hockey Lobby

Home Page:
    Just let him live. The media tend to overracted with those sort of things. Damn it, it's his personal life.

3. uiCk

uiCk Registered User

See i hate this new age political correctness that is needed in this world today.

Soon, Price will take a picture with a set Pencil, made out of a certain coloring that was used in the production of certain toy that killed bunch of kittens in some random accident before, and mass will want to burn Price on a stake for not thinking about it.

Price doesn't have to be oversensitive like the majority of the mass is, that's none of his problem. S**t's getting ridiculous. I thought the Kane twitter public reaction was a joke, but this is getting to a whole other level. Shame.

4. Account Terminated

Account Terminated Registered User

Awards:
    You know it's the off-season when we're criticizing the way Price is posing in a photo.

5. Habsterix*

Habsterix* Guest

I strongly believe that many Habs' fans are opportunistic Drama Queens looking for any occasion and opportunity to pounce on a player, a coach, the GM or the team.

Ironically, those fans are like a bunch of coyotes and pray the same way they do: relying on the pack mentality, feeding off other negativity.

Sad, really, but I don't see it changing. The internet and easy, immediate access and transmission of info has unfortunately contributed to this 3-headed monster.

Those who do that remind me of the old lady sitting in her rocking chair, looking out the window and gossiping about the neighbours. Sad bunch...

6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Registered User

Home Page:
    That's 3 classless Subban. I'm dissapoint.

7. Habaneros

Habaneros Habs Cup champs 2010

8. Habaneros

i think most of this boils down to most have only lived in a city,and only been up close to wild life on there phones or computers.....never spent a week or month in the woods in there life , if they did they'd have a different perspective on animals..

I have and faced a few bears up close who took me by surprise, now would love to have had some of the city iphone generation out with me ..lol
    Would love to have them stand there as the bear charges at you, and say nice bear , dont shoot it ...lol

Again it is called WILD LIFE, and it is there for many different reasons, and HUMANS rule over them period....

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. Agnostic

Agnostic 11 Stanley Cups

It's not the off-season , it's open season on those living rural lives. According to people who live south of Bloor St. Toronto, people should just go to Loblaws where meat appears magically.

People who live outside the cities are the great unwashed, uneducated and uncultured hicks who lead so meaningless lives as needing to be governed from the great thinkers of the cities. Twitter is but a means to judge and educate these poor souls.

PS: Gaining respect for Carey by the minute, be yourself don't apologize to anybody.

10. bud12

bud12 Registered User

its a .223 i think, exactly what you need when you hunt bobcats and coyotes.so stop *****ing!!

11. Natey

Natey #koko

The people were in the Cotoyes territory... why shouldn't they defend it? :sarcasm:

12. Habaneros

i wonder what all these bleeding hearts would say when they seen video of there dog or cat being killed by coyotes.....it happens every day.

I've seen horses killed by a pack of coyotes , it not a nice site to see.....

Again, to many people watching Hollywood make animals cuddly creatures(humanizing them)...

13. Et le But

Et le But Registered User

Anyway, I blame Phoenix.

14. Natey

Natey #koko

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you know my whole life.

I know animals can be vicious. But if you want to go that route, humans can be just as vicious. Not only to animals, but other humans as well.

15. thom

thom Registered User

People should support price he did nothing wrong.But I can understand after the killings of the children he should have showed a little more sense.But I'm a hunter too I support him fully.People should google Guy Lafleur and you will see almost an exact picture of a dead animal and a rifle it was taken in early 80's it was humorous

16. Andros777

Andros777 Registered User

Student
    I'm not going to demonize people who hunt responsibly with normal guns, for good reasons, just because of something some lunatic down in the states did. If anything, it makes me feel that much better about my country. A gun in the hands of someone here is just a recreational thing, it doesn't need to invoke bad memories or images.

17. vokiel

vokiel #FireMolsevin

Lead Java Dev
    With that gun!? I'd rather be behind him than in front of him.

18. 68*

68* Guest

Carey Price can come in my house and shoot my ****ing cat if that's what gets him off. Just bring us a cup.

19. Habaneros

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-attacked-by-coyote-warns-others-1.967876

http://www.quintenews.com/2012/11/coyote-attacks-boy/37157/

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1119125--oakville-girl-attacked-by-coyote
    http://www.findlaycreek.ca/2012/11/...dents-about-a-coyote-attack-in-findlay-creek/

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/96968-protective-gear-saves-teen-from-coyote

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rare-coyote-attacks-10-days-spark-worries/story?id=16661145#.UN3d26wbs7s

Cornwall Ontario

Coyote attacks in city’s north end
    http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2012/10/26/coyote-attacks-in-citys-north-end
    By Cheryl Brink, Cornwall Standard Freeholder

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:27:57 EDT PM

20. #BlameSubban

21. Habaneros

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55052403-78/coyote-kennecott-rabies-utah.html.csp

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5027855...heaton-dog-killed-coyote-attack/#.UN3iA6wbs7s

22. MasterDecoy

MasterDecoy Who took my beer?

Coyotes in oakville? Fine! How do they like the cold though? And if they like it, **** it, strap everybody north of the border! ****ers don't stand a chance

23. Riggins

Riggins Registered User

David Booth posts hunting pics like this and faces backlash in Vancouver, a very left wing city.

Coyotes are a problem in Vancouver. I live in the city halfway between a golf course and a public park and coyotes live in both and come down and roam around our neighbourhood. Our cat disappeared a month ago and we're pretty sure a coyote got him. What I would fear most is a toddler or baby being left unattended briefly and something terrible happening. There's pretty much no chance of a cull because animal rights lobbyists would throw a fit, but coyotes are a problem here.

24. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Registered User

Really, how is this a big deal?

Should anyone who has a Canada Goose coat with a Coyote lined hood also be admonished? How about people who swat flies or set mouse traps, wear animal skin/fur?

WTF has the world come to, people? Coyote's are the woodland version of vermin and even if I don't hunt myself, I see nothing wrong with this. They're not endangered, not useful in the wild and mostly a nuisance pest.

I also think people are forgetting Price is Native in decent and hunting is part of his culture. Take that you Pine tree and Turkey murdering Christians...

25. Wats

Wats Error 520

I think he knew what he was doing and getting into by posting that picture. Booth went through same thing on a much bigger scale a few months back with his hunting pictures. Price even describes himself as a big redneck. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just posting these for the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.