Lethbridge-Regina Preview

CanesDomain

Oct 19, 2015
NaiJEJr.png

This is my (mostly) comprehensive preview of the first round series between Lethbridge and Regina. I hope it's okay to share here.

Inside there are a host of infographics, photos, and other fun stuff.

There's actually so much hi-resolution graphic content you MAY need to hit refresh once or twice before all the images load-in and get cached in your browser. I would suggest refreshing once or twice just to be sure. Our servers aren't the best... but that's what the budget demands.

I hope you find this preview useful, informative, and generally worth your time. IF you did, a share on social media or a referral would be incredible.

Thanks for reading and please drop a comment if you have thoughts!

LINK:http://canesdomain.com/hurricanes-vs-pats-playoff-preview/

Brock

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Agree Great Job - My Opinion?

Let me preview this post by saying I am a big Pat fan and have seen them play 10 times(and have listened to lots on radio) and have only seen Lethbridge twice.
The addition of Sanford(although I think this was an overall bad trade for the organization) has been huge for this team and huge for Steele in particular for this year. They have depth problems at forward and this has at least solidified their top 6 which in my opinion is as good as any in the league. Their big problem is the bottom six. Lechyhsyn is only a 16 year old(and will be a very good WHLer) but it surprises me to see the big minus number as I see him developing to be the opposite type player in his career going forward. It will be interesting to see if his development thru the year will turn this around in the playoffs. Woods is an elite offensive talent going forward but is not a good fit as a 3rd or 4th liner. Ryker Cole is a great skater but his -11 is poor for a guy who needs to improve his defensive game in his development to fulfill a full time role now and in the future.
This being said depth wins championships and Lethbridge blows the Pats away in the forward group.
The pats have been terrible in their own end a lot of the year in my opinion. Getting Williams back is huge and if healthy he will make a big difference and allows the Pats to at least matchup to Lethbridge on D.
Lethbridge goaltending on paper is better but given the shots both Pat goaltenders have faced this year I have been pleasantly surprised with their overall performance. Much like Lethbridge, Brown will be the starter but personally I would love to see Howlett get in because he is the future and has more of an ability to steal a win for the Pats in my opinion. He is better athletically than I thought because if you read an earlier post when the PATS traded Wapple I assumed their season was in real trouble.In fact the opposite has happened. The two did a great job and I would consider this a huge strength for the team going forward as both are young and have improved big time over the year.
My predication Lethbridge in 5. Unless Pat goaltenders stand on their heads like they have a lot of the year. Lethbridge is too good at home and if they win the first two games it is over.

CanesDomain

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks guys!! Glad you liked it.

Love the thoughts Super. Great to hear opinions from someone who has actually watched the Pats all season.

I'm particularly interested in the goaltending storyline(s). Hollett could be a dark horse factor. Who knows.

moon*

I am obviously a little late but great write up.

I have not been convinced by the Canes this year but thought they would win at least one round. Obviously they still can come back but the offense drying up so far this series has to be a concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad