Injury Report: Letestu shut down for 6 months with myocarditis- a virus that attacks the heart

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Scary, poor guy. Hope everything works out for him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm glad it doesn't bother you :thumbd:

What an insensitive comment.

Hey! It isn't like I wished him any misfortune or that I am not pulling for his recovery.

But he is a 35 year old fringe player who hurt our team every time he played. I wish him nothing but the best in his retirement. Including good health.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Sounds good, I don't want him as a lineup regular but it might be nice to see him get back into at least 1 game this season

Not sure how much of an option that is.

Because of his heart infection he was not allowed to do anything that would stress his heart - like exercise. So he's 6 months out of shape. Even if he starts going hard now can he be in game-shape in one month?

I was more just happy for Letestu himself. That has to be a scary diagnosis.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
When did you turn into an optimist, I thought your answer would be "zero games is considered a run?":laugh:

Remember, I'm a tanker so everything is backwards. An optimist would see us plummeting over the rest of the regular season to a great draft spot. The pessimist sees us backing into the playoffs and getting shoved down the draft board. And taken to it logical extreme, the ultra-pessimist sees us making the SC final and losing game 7 in OT on an own goal. To the Leafs. I challenge anyone to come up with a worse scenario. :laugh:

Reactions: snowkiddin

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
When did you turn into an optimist, I thought your answer would be "zero games is considered a run?":laugh:

4 games is a run for sure.. fastest way to exit playoffs!

And taken to it logical extreme, the ultra-pessimist sees us making the SC final and losing game 7 in OT on an own goal. To the Leafs. I challenge anyone to come up with a worse scenario. :laugh:

The goal is by Stachews, right after Laine fails on a penalty shot.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Very happy for Letestu. Not sure what his status is in the near future or going forward, but it's good to hear he's well enough to start to move forward.

IMO though, speaking of playoff depth, I'd rather see Gus play 4C at this stage over Letestu.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm happy for him but he should not be in consideration to play another game for this team unless injuries hit us hard.

Agree, absolutely, but fully expect to see him draw in nonetheless, and then be forced to listen to Sawyer devote several broadcasts to drivelling on shamelessly the many things that Letestu "brings to the Jets -- especially in do-or-die [insert playoffs cliche here] season" in an effort to justify the PB-ing of a prospect who's played his butt off helping the Jets get to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->