Confirmed with Link: Letang, Subban, Suter are first-time Norris finalists

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Chara has been horrible this year.

Suter is the only defenseman nominated for this award and should win, but he probably won't.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Originally, my gut told me earlier this season that Letang was gonna get this. Now? I'm thinking Subban may win it. Either one of those two will probably get it due to the large favoritism they'll be shown in the media. I'd like to see Suter get it though.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Subban may be a dink but god damn is he talented

At the beginning of the year I felt that this could be Chara's trophy to lose, considering Lidstrom retired and Weber lost his partner. But Chara laid a pooper of a year and showed he is getting older. Gunna need more depth on D real soon.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Suter wins, and easily too. He had 6 points less than Subban and has carried the Wild defensively. Also logged more minutes than any other dman.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Suter will win

Honestly, as much as I don't like Subban, he is a hell of a player and better than Letang. If Letang wins I would probably be more mad than if Subban did haha

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Subban is an outstanding offensive d-man who should be an easy walk-off winner of this award except he gets major demerits because of his extreme doosh-baggery. I cannot get passed that so in my view he is a non-factor other than he holds a nomination.

I really, really like Letang.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My allegiance won't allow me to think anything other than Suter winning this in a landslide victory...but I think Subban wins it...and I still won't care.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Chara didn't deserve a nomination, although Letang (and to some degree Subban) being nominated shows just how big of a joke this award has become. Suter SHOULD run away with this, but he won't.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I don't know. I love Chara. But he's been pretty horrible.
To each his own. I just can't label it as a horrible season. I'd concede that he's been horrible by the enormous standard we hold him to, but I mostly reserve the term for guys like Phaneuf.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
To each his own. I just can't label it as a horrible season. I'd concede that he's been horrible by the enormous standard we hold him to, but I mostly reserve the term for guys like Phaneuf.

Well put. He wasn't Norris good and he didn't play up to his usual level this year for the most part, but he was still damn good.

If he was "horrible" like some of you suggest, we would not be a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->