Letang for the HoF?

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Definitely not a HOF caliber career in my opinion. He’s been really really good for a long time but his resume lines up more with guys like Dan Boyle and Brian Rafalski in terms of recent ex NHLers vs any recent inductees (Zubov included, however I also don’t believe he should be in the Hall)

*I’m not saying he’s not a better defenseman than those those two, but if you look at their stats and career wise (especially Boyle, including 2 second team all-stars) their post-career trajectory is very similar stats wise alone.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
One of his cups he literally didn't play the playoffs. Much of his career is moving the puck up to Crosby and Malkin, which every pmd in Pittsburgh during their tenure was successful at. He also couldn't figure out how to quarterback a PP with Crosby, Malkin and then later also Kessel effectively and has had seasons where he was absolutely brain dead defensively.

No one who watched them both would confuse Letang for Zubov any more than they would confuse Mike Green for Zubov. Zubov is about as close as you get to the defense version of Pavel Datsyuk

Why does Letang have the 7th most powerplay points in the league since entering with every player above him playing at minimum 80+ more games aside from Karlsson then?

Funny how the majority of fans shitting on Letang have Caps or Blackhawks avatars.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Why does Letang have the 7th most powerplay points in the league since entering with every player above him playing at minimum 80+ more games aside from Karlsson then?

Funny how the majority of fans ****ting on Letang have Caps or Blackhawks avatars.

I don't know if Letang will be in the HHOF or not but there is no chance in hell that the bolded is true.

EpiPen

Jun 6, 2016
He's close but not quite good enough. I would say the only shot he has of making it is if the penguins stay successful for the next 4-5 years another cup aaaaand he continues to stay a major part of it then he has a case. As of now, nope. lets revisit it in 5 years.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I love Letang and he's been important to us but he's what people on here would call the "Hall of Very Good" -- never got a Norris though I think if he was healthier he would have more of a shot. I tend to view HOF players as needing more individual awards to get in. I think that's why I consider Fleury as not quite being HOF either -- again, lots of team awards but as far as individual, would need more. Both shoe ins for the Pens Ring of Honor, though.

Last edited:

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
What do you think, is he a Hall of Famer?

No Norris but 2-time 2nd team All-star , won 3 cups, and by the time he retires should have 600-700 points or more. I feel like he's in the Zubov class of player, but feel free to explain why/why not and what kind of comparables you have for him.
Coming from a Pens fan I will say this...
LOL, NO GTFO.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
elite 2 way Dman since 2011. yah HOFer

2 Cups, one CS worthy run.

shoulda won the Norris in 2013 but didn't play for a Canadian market with bias voters

also should've won the 15-16 Norris.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Doug Wilson and Letang are in the same boat tbh.

Funny how the history of hockey forum had a thread about Letang in the HHOF recently and was much more positive about his career.

Wilson has a norris and is a 5 time finalist not the same booat at all if we have to brutally honest here

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
What were Zubov's faults, specifically?
Referring to his resume - it's not HHOF-worthy in my perfect HHOF world. And (frankly) I'm not sure it is even in this world. But in a world with Phil Housley as an HHOF defender, who f***in knows anymore, right?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He has 532 points in 796 games I'm not sure where that ranks in PPG among all time down. Erik Karlsson ahead of him by 70 points with roughly the same amount of games. I think it depends how he finishes his career, a Norris would definitely help I think. I am routing for him to get there.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
For years Pens fans wanted this guy traded. No, he's not a hall of fame worthy player.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He has 532 points in 796 games I'm not sure where that ranks in PPG among all time down. Erik Karlsson ahead of him by 70 points with roughly the same amount of games. I think it depends how he finishes his career, a Norris would definitely help I think. I am routing for him to get there.

2nd in terms of active D over 500 games. Klingberg is the only one above him but is obviously much younger.

Reactions: Hungamania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad