Let me say this.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
For the past week, there hasn't been a time where I've reloaded the page and there wasn't a notification that there was a new post on the Vegas board, and I love it.

You guys have come alive for the playoffs, and it's awesome.

We have a great team, a great fanbase, and I'm glad you've all come here to talk hockey. It's awesome.

We're a small board, and a small fanbase, but I think we've hit far above our weight class when it comes to boards, and with very few moderation issues.

Thank you all, I'm proud to be a VGK moderator.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's gonna take longer to build a forum community than it did to build the fanbase. I think that's always the case. Lots of media and social chatter out there, but eventually, fans want to go deeper in their understanding of, and connection with, the team.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Being a longstanding Pens fan and previous Pens HF contributor, I think the advantage of the Vegas Golden Knights subforum is that Knights fans don't feel entitled (yet) and they have lowered expectations. This allows for more patience with failure and a greater appreciation for success. This, of course, might change with increased success.

Suggestion: The first hundred VGK fans who have seven posts (or some other arbitrary number) in the VGK subforum should be recognized. They should be able to attach the title VGKfan #X to their avatar. :laugh:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'd rather have a small group than add the social media types. My GF shows me some of the ridiculous posts from IG, FB, & Twitter & it feels like we don't need any of that here at all.

Agreed. Social media seems more fit for the casual fans. It's the more hardcore fans of the game that end up here.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Agreed with all the previous posts. Let me say this. I'd really like to see all the posts from people who live/lived in Vegas talking about living in Vegas/local news go in the Visitor's thread. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/a-new-visiting-las-vegas-thread.2423797/page-9#post-141879031 When I go in the OT thread and it's got posts that only those posters can appreciate, it's very discouraging and it seems like a great way to discourage non-Vegas people from posting there.

If it deals with new venues/shows/restaurants, then I can see that. But business of LV news? And why is it I'm about the only one that posts LV stuff in OT thread? :sarcasm:

Dilly Dilly!

Sharks cry that for Dylan Demelo and Brendan Dillon, so you might want to remove that from vocabulary.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I've been a proud supporter of the Knights ever since the city was announced for expansion. Being a Kings supporter since the early 80's, I looked forward to having a team that I could start at the bottom with, and watch them grow into a championship--type team.

I don't say much on these forums, but, I'm happy as Hell to be a part of it. I'm always checking in to see what everyone has on their minds. I might live in Washington, but, I'm part of the "Vegas Born" Army!

Onward Knights!

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
My problem was that I was spending TOO much time here while at work, and I didn't want the distraction. I've still been supporting the team from Los Angeles, I went to the game at Staples Center on Feb 26, and I still keep posting a Squire Report to my blog every month. But I've been busy with traveling this year, including my quest to see a game in every NHL arena (scratched Winnipeg, Detroit and Toronto off the list so I only have 3 left!), and preparing for my wedding.

But now it's the playoffs, so it seemed like a good time to come back! :)

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I was a casual Ducks fan for five years. Finding my love for hockey late the Ducks never felt like my team. In August while on a trip with my wife to Las Vegas I began to read about the Knights.

I saw they had Fleury, James Neal, and that they acquired Shea Theodore. I thought the Ducks were foolish to trade a talented young defenseman like Shea. I started to read everything I could about VGK.

Googled and found this forum. Love it here and am even keeping track of VGK prospects. The posters here are awesome, and I'm sure the forum will grow. Win or lose I'm a Golden Knight fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad