OT: Let’s Take A Deep Breath And Have A Fun Thread

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
GoKQw0.gif

Jofra Archer

Sadly wont see him play in person next week as he is injured...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
i still don't understand this sport lol

Basically.

Each team bats 2x. (and bowls 2x)
11 players on each team.
But when bat only 2 players at a time.
Batters try to score as many runs as possible.
Bowlers try to get 10 of the opposition out (as need 2 batters at a time so even though have 11 only need to get 10 out.)
Most runs wins.

And as a bowler can purposely use the ball as a weapon. Which is fun.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Since Appleyard said "bowler" I will throw out Earl Anthony. He and Pete Weber 1 were the best classic cool keglers.

Reactions: Appleyard

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Lidstrom is the only human I have ever been in a room with who has a notable presence. Like some weird aura ahaha. Like if Darth Vader walked in a room... and he was lovely and everyone liked him... but were still kind of intimidated.
I bet people didn't want to be in a room with him on November 3rd, 2000, when he was a -4. #notallstarnumbers

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lidstrom is the only human I have ever been in a room with who has a notable presence. Like some weird aura ahaha. Like if Darth Vader walked in a room... and he was lovely and everyone liked him... but were still kind of intimidated.

Kinda what it felt like watching him on the ice on TV, too. I wonder what it was like live?

Pronger could do that too, though not as well. His mere presence shifted play. My favorite Pronger moment I bring up often was during the Buffalo series. Winger is moving through the neutral zone. He approaches the blue line and sees Pronger there. He's just standing there, right where he needs to be to seal off the boards and the open ice route. Winger just stops at the blue line to have a think about it. His center and RW had gone offside and had to scramble back. After a moment he decides to flip the puck in, we recover and go up ice. Pronger changed possession by just standing in a good spot and watching.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No. But we did have a gecko thst wouldn't leave the room. We basically adopted him as a pet at this point. He hides in our bar area and disappears behind the art work when we go in there.

Leave him food holy shit

On our honeymoon in St John I befriended the iguanas with fruit. They liked swimming in the pool. Many of the swimmers hated that which just made it better.

It began when an iguana in the island in the pool was struggling to hold a fruit pit and strip it clean, so I wandered over and held it. Very satisfying and helpful.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Leave him food holy shit

On our honeymoon in St John I befriended the iguanas with fruit. They liked swimming in the pool. Many of the swimmers hated that which just made it better.

It began when an iguana in the island in the pool was struggling to hold a fruit pit and strip it clean, so I wandered over and held it. Very satisfying and helpful.

Beef the animal savior. Who knew?

We leave this guy scraps from anything we've got left. He ( or something else) definitely at a quarter of a chocolate chip cookie the other night.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Tom Sestito - Vinny Lecavalier - Chris Stewart
Chris Vandevelde - Valtteri Filppula - Jori Lehtera
Zac Rinaldo - Nate Thompson - Dale Weise
Jay Rosehill - Ryan White - Jody Shelley
Arron Asham

Andrew MacDonald - Brandon Manning
Hal Gill - Kurtis Foster
Jaroslav Modry - Randy Jones
Matt Walker