Let’s go New York...

islesnyc

Jul 5, 2012
What a strange season. The East is such a tough division. Does anyone else find themselves rooting for all 3 NY teams?

The way I see it, BOS is a lock for a playoff spot and WAS pretty close to the same. That leaves NYI, PIT and PHI fighting for 2 spots with NJD a deep long shot. RAGS and BUF are going nowhere so every win they get that’s not against us is also a win for the isles.

Yeah, I don’t feel good about it in the morning but these days I’m LGI, LGR and LGB.

Reactions: RMimagery

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I mean I think OP is right. I would not come close to saying I'm a fan of those teams. But I'm definitely rooting for them every night. Almost every game is against a team we are battling with.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I wouldn't go as far as to say I root for the Rags, but strategically....a team getting multiple top 5 draft picks and in on every big name free agent that hits the market every year is a recipe for building a powerhouse. I don't want them to get a lottery pick again. Completely sick of that. Signing Panarin and getting lottery picks? WTF! So if they win a few more games against teams we are battling with and pushes them out of prime lottery position....sign me up.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
What a strange season. The East is such a tough division. Does anyone else find themselves rooting for all 3 NY teams?

The way I see it, BOS is a lock for a playoff spot and WAS pretty close to the same. That leaves NYI, PIT and PHI fighting for 2 spots with NJD a deep long shot. RAGS and BUF are going nowhere so every win they get that’s not against us is also a win for the isles.

Yeah, I don’t feel good about it in the morning but these days I’m LGI, LGR and LGB.
I understand your point. There will be times where we need the Rangers to win. They were playing Washington the other night, we needed the rangers to win that game. I will be rooting for the best outcome for the islanders. I certainly won’t be donning a Rangers hat. But to your point, there will be nights where a Rangers win would be a better outcome for the islanders.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I understand your point. There will be times where we need the Rangers to win. They were playing Washington the other night, we needed the rangers to win that game. I will be rooting for the best outcome for the islanders. I certainly won’t be donning a Rangers hat. But to your point, there will be nights where a Rangers win would be a better outcome for the islanders.

Pretty much. I'm not really sure what people are talking about in this thread. We all dislike the Rangers, but uh... I want the Islanders to make the playoffs.

You know those rare years where the Rangers suck ass and we don't and there's a game late in the season where they're playing someone we are battling for the playoffs? Well that's the vast majority of their games this year. So yea.. I want them to win.

I guess people can be happy they lose to Boston, Philly, Pitt, and Washington and we end up in 5th place a couple points out of the playoffs but still 15 points ahead of the Rangers? Woohoo that will be fun.

Reactions: eoin92

islesnyc

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, this was the original point of my post. Believe me, I like nothing more than watching Shesty get beaten like a mule and then some (ok, the only thing more was when the queen would get beaten badly).

However, I’m so torn on nights like tonight where I kinda want them to beat PHI because that’s 2 big points. Actually hoping for a Kreider hat trick is so f’ing weird.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I guess if it comes down to it, at the end of the season, where some Rags wins help the Isles get into the playoffs or their seeding, then so be it.

But more often than not, it seems like the Raggies will continuously disappoint, rather than say beat Philly when needed.

As for the NHL draft and lottery, I don't think it matters where they finish. If Bill Daly wants them to have another top-3 pick, I am sure he will find a way.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
My daughter is doing a vocabulary parade where she has to dress up as a word. Her word is "revolting". When she asked me what she should dress up as, I held back because every fiber of my being wanted to tell her to just dress like she normally does.

Instead, I told her to wear a Ranger jersey.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

LIFETIME BAN

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
First of all, they should start winning games against immediate competitors themselves. We are 8-2-0 against Bos/Buf/NJD/NYR, but 1-4-3 against Was/Pit/Phi (BTW, the teams we beat rather soundly in playoffs the last 2 seasons). If we won't improve against them – we won't make playoffs no matter our record against Boston and bottom teams and no matter NJD/NYR record against Was/Pit/Phi.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I'm with OP. I don't like the NYR at all and don't really have any feelings towards BUF, but I prefer them to win because it's better for the Islanders and they're not going anywhere anyway. Plus, the more the Rags win, the crappier their draft position will be.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
LGR?! Are you on shrooms or something? Buf? Who cares they are as NY as a Philly Cheese steak.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Which brings more joy
Islanders winning
Rags losing
It’s close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad