Lester but no Hart?

Capa*

I was just reading a thread on whether or not Jagr got boned out of some Hart Trophies and i saw something that popped out at me that i never considered. It said he won a Lester one year but wasnt even a finalist for the Hart trophy..isnt that like NEVER the case?? How many other players has this happened to?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Happened to Markus Naslund in 2002-03. The main reason he lost the Hart to Forsberg is because his linemate, Todd Bertuzzi, was the third Hart nominee and Vancouver proponents split the vote.

Related story - Todd Bertuzzi garnered enough votes to be the first-team all star Right Wing that year but a large portion of them voted him first-team for the wrong position (left-wing) and as a result I believe Hejduk won it but I'm not certain.

edit: Never mind, mis-read the question.

Last edited:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
jagr was either 1st ('99) or 2nd ('00, '06) in hart voting every time he won the pearson.

i think the only time that happened '72.
ratelle won the pearson in '72, but was 4th in hart voting, behing orr, dryden and esposito.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Happened to Markus Naslund in 2002-03. The main reason he lost the Hart to Forsberg is because his linemate, Todd Bertuzzi, was the third Hart nominee and Vancouver proponents split the vote.

Related story - Todd Bertuzzi garnered enough votes to be the first-team all star Right Wing that year but a large portion of them voted him first-team for the wrong position (left-wing) and as a result I believe Hejduk won it but I'm not certain.

edit: Never mind, mis-read the question.

Close, you are thinking about 2002. No way does Bertuzzi NOT get the 2nd team all-star at RW behind Iginla. But he didnt. This was because some writers pencilled him in as a LW and he got split votes. Therefore Bill Guerin was 2nd team all-star in '02. Bertuzzi got 1st team in '03 and Hejduk got 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad