Lesser of 2 Evils: Carcillo vs. Mashinter

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Assuming cap hits are the same which player do you prefer.

Note: Don't bother saying neither. We are all aware that this team would be better served without an enforcer. If Q and Bowman want an enforcer (which they do), one of these players will be on the roster.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I want to see Mashinter in RS action before making that call, and Carcillo as well, for that matter. As BWC said, Carcillo looked like he may have lost a step after getting injured, and I haven't seen Mashinter play outside of the few games in pre-season.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I want to see Mashinter in RS action before making that call, and Carcillo as well, for that matter. As BWC said, Carcillo looked like he may have lost a step after getting injured, and I haven't seen Mashinter play outside of the few games in pre-season.

I did hear BWC's opinion on Carcillo. Have no idea what he has looked like myself (that should change tonight). If he has indeed lost a step, the choice may be more difficult. Tonight should be very telling in terms of who gets that spot.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You have to go with the guy you know can actually play NHL Hockey.. even though you know he's prone to dumb decisions, he does have nhl caliber skill for a goon role.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Carbomb. He'll chip in a few goals with limited minutes on the fourth line. All you can ask for.

Mad Dog Madison

Oct 2, 2014
Sioux Falls
I prefer neither, but if Q is going to continue to be dumbass and dress a worthless player over Morin, then it's better to have Carcillo. I hope the PK unit is ready to kill off a bunch of 5 minute boarding majors now.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Sorry but I'm saying 'neither' anyways. They both suck. Carcillo has more years of sucking. Neither player should ever see the ice in the playoffs, in which case why bother having them at all.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Voted Carcillo b/c I had to pick one.

However, I haven't seen anything from any Q-proclaimed 'enforcer' the past few years that has made me believe, for a second, the team is better off with said player on the team.

Only someone with zero brain activity would honestly believe our 'stars' were protected last season by having Bollig around to keep the rats honest. Give your head a shake!

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Neither of them should be playing. This "role" that Q wants on the team has resulted in a lesser player having playing time/roster spot over a more talented player for the last 5 seasons (including this one). It's ****ing ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad