Less Disappointing Provincial Rivalry This Decade

Which battle is less of a letdown?

• Total voters

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
With all the attention of Calgary having less playoff wins this decade than Edmonton, it makes me wonder which playoff rivalry has been less of a letdown these past 10 season

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
There has been no playoffs rivalry anywhere... Flames oilers still make for exciting games and they cant stand each other, not even sure leafs sens count as a rivalry at this point

Reactions: 780il and clunk

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sens have dominated the Leafs for the last 20 or so games it's a miracle.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Right now neither one is a real rivalry. Both teams have to be good for that to happen. Edmonton Calgary games have been pretty tame this year.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Right now neither one is a real rivalry. Both teams have to be good for that to happen. Edmonton Calgary games have been pretty tame this year.

They won’t be next year after what gio did to McDavid.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
While there are no playoff matchups between the Flames and Oilers, the regular season games are very heated.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Vancouver-Boston was the last decent rivalry, and it was only really a 2-3 year thing. Haven't been impressed with anything else since. May be biased being a Canucks fan, but still. Nothing has really had that level of hate since.

Reactions: Voight

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Vancouver-Boston was the last decent rivalry, and it was only really a 2-3 year thing. Haven't been impressed with anything else since. May be biased being a Canucks fan, but still. Nothing has really had that level of hate since.

Washington-Pittsburgh? That’s better than Vancouver-Boston ever was.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Washington-Pittsburgh? That’s better than Vancouver-Boston ever was.
Probably the best of the rest, but I don't think it comes close to that short period where Vancouver and Boston were at each others' throats, and everything surrounding it. That cup finals was a bloodbath, and there were some very rough games after it in the following seasons as well. Washington-Pittsburgh definitely has more longevity and meet each other more, obviously, but I think concentrated, Boston-Vancouver was on another level.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Both are bad but I guess Edmonton getting McDavid is a big deal to elevate their end of the bargain, even if it hasn't panned out to any type of success yet.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Battle of Ontario is so disappointing and unevenly matched these days...

If only the Leafs could hang with the Senators, it might be worth watching. ;)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

When we had our run of 3 in 6 years we had a mini rivalry going with LA mainly because of 2012-2015 where we traded cups and they beat us in the 2014 WCF

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
can't imagine that either province is particularly proud of it's domestic rivalry right now, and I think that everyone benefits when those rivalries are good. I'll say Ontario has been more disappointing, one team might be in the worst shape of any team and the other can't beat them for some reason. At least both Alberta teams look like playoff contenders at a point in every season so the rivalry starts off as meaningful.

I would love to see a few years with most of the Canadian teams in the playoffs so we run into eachother more often, I want the Leafs to go through Montreal to get to Ottawa one year and see that dislike really re-ignite

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
There isn't really a Toronto - Ottawa rivalry right now.

They were good when we were bad and now that we are good...."they are still a team". All that Ottawa is to Toronto fans right now is cheap tickets a few hours down the road for a Saturday night game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There isn't really a Toronto - Ottawa rivalry right now.

They were good when we were bad and now that we are good...."they are still a team". All that Ottawa is to Toronto fans right now is cheap tickets a few hours down the road for a Saturday night game.

That and losing out on 6 easy points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad