GDT: Les Habitants de Montreal vs Les Gens malheureux de la Caroline

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
we are a mickey mouse franchise that beat the montreal canadians on the way to winning the stanley cup

Well in all reality, Saku Koviu was going to lead the Habs to the Cup that year and was a lock to win the Conn Smythe but that meth-head Justin Williams had to gouge his eye out and we ended up with the Cup instead. It's too bad though so many of our idiot citizens mistook it for a spittoon though :shakehead

I don't know who is to blame for us beating them in 2002 because Toronto-Montreal was a lock for the ECFs that year but again these rednecks from Raleigh had to ruin that.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Well in all reality, Saku Koviu was going to lead the Habs to the Cup that year and was a lock to win the Conn Smythe but that meth-head Justin Williams had to gouge his eye out and we ended up with the Cup instead. It's too bad though so many of our idiot citizens mistook it for a spittoon though :shakehead

I don't know who is to blame for us beating them in 2002 because Toronto-Montreal was a lock for the ECFs that year but again these rednecks from Raleigh had to ruin that.

How funny would it be if Mtl faces Wsh and JWilly high stocked any Habs player and scores the series winning goal?

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
How funny would it be if Mtl faces Wsh and JWilly high stocked any Habs player and they lose the series.

Well by some accounts, Washington is a "legit" hockey market, so it wouldn't be as bad on their end.

North Carolina is nothing but Nascar loving meth-cooking rednecks, they should move this franchise to a real hockey market like Mexico City or Nassau.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
In all seriousness, I really really hope that this team can build something great off of this. We're due for a nice long winning streak.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
had my attention divided among football games and friends, so wasnt watching very closely, but did di giuseppe look as pretty decent as i thought he did? seemed physical and willing to fight along the boards and at the front of the net

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
Is this how hockey works? This is my first season with hockey and the Canes.

Does the last team just beat the first team for no reason at all after their worse loss of the season? what?

Dec 30, 2013
Is this how hockey works? This is my first season with hockey and the Canes.

Does the last team just beat the first team for no reason at all after their worse loss of the season? what?

Is that not how all sports work? Sometimes the underdog wins. Sometimes a team comes back after a terrible defeat and wins the next game against a better team. :dunno:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Is that not how all sports work? Sometimes the underdog wins. Sometimes a team comes back after a terrible defeat and wins the next game against a better team. :dunno:

30 doesn't beat 1 in basketball very often, but your point does stand. It's inifinitely more likely to happen in hockey than any sport but baseball though.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
30 doesn't beat 1 in basketball very often, but your point does stand. It's inifinitely more likely to happen in hockey than any sport but baseball though.

The same night that the Blues lose at home to the Leafs no less. But thats what I think makes the NHL a superior league - the parity is unbelievable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad