Value of: Leon Draisaitl

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Well said. To win a hockey game you need good supporting players. A couple of superstars like Drai/McDavid are unlikely to win the game.
How about good supporting players AND a couple of superstars? Wouldn't that be the truly best way to win a game? U gotta think outside the box guys....

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Reading comprehensuon issues? It was an example...

Read this carefully....I DO NOT CARE NOR WANT TO TRADE FOR DRAISTL.

I don't care if he has more points, to me, he's less valuable then Dubois.

Good luck....

That’s all well and dandy, but offering what’s left at the back of your pantry after you’ve moved out is just plain insulting.

Reactions: TFHockey

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Reading comprehensuon issues? It was an example...

Read this carefully....I DO NOT CARE NOR WANT TO TRADE FOR DRAISTL.

I don't care if he has more points, to me, he's less valuable then Dubois.

Good luck....
For being so bad defensively this year supposedly.

Draisaitl has a 5gf/1ga at 5on5.

Seems pretty good, no?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
To EDM: Jones, PLD

To CBJ: Drai, Bear

Would the Jackets do this? I think the Jackets give up the greater player value by a smidge, the Oil are giving up the better contractual value by a smidge (Drai signed longer at a good bargain).

I think Drai and Bjorkstrand could be a killer combo that would be fun to watch if I’m a Jackets fan.

Jones would instantly fix our D, and PLD should be capable of 50-60pts as the 2C. Am I crazy thinking this could be a win-win for both teams?

Jackets wouldn't touch that, they know how valuable Jones is on the backend and are an annual playoff team with him there, why would they shake that much up when they can just trade PLD for another center and continue as they are?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For being so bad defensively this year supposedly.

Draisaitl has a 5gf/1ga at 5on5.

Seems pretty good, no?

He's not the kind of player I prefer.

To me, I rather have a big, tough, nasty 60-70 point player who is a beast to play against, plays a 200 foot game, leads by example and brings it to the next level when it counts.

Versus a 100 point "machine" who scores 4 goals in a 8-0 route.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
He's not the kind of player I prefer.

To me, I rather have a big, tough, nasty 60-70 point player who is a beast to play against, plays a 200 foot game, leads by example and brings it to the next level when it counts.

Versus a 100 point "machine" who scores 4 goals in a 8-0 route.
LOL

idk about all this

but give me prime Bergeron over LD which is what I think you meant. Bergeron line held prime Malkin pointless in a Bruins sweep over the Pens a few years ago. If there was any player that points don't tell the whole story...it's Bergeron.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
LOL

idk about all this

but give me prime Bergeron over LD which is what I think you meant. Bergeron line held prime Malkin pointless in a Bruins sweep over the Pens a few years ago. If there was any player that points don't tell the whole story...it's Bergeron.

Sheesh...you think i was writting in Swahili..

Yes, that's what i meant and the previous post about Gainey.

Laine and Draisaitl are great point producers but in the playoffs, it's the Bergeron/Gainey type that brings home cups.

Reactions: Hookslide

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sheesh...you think i was writting in Swahili..

Yes, that's what i meant and the previous post about Gainey.

Laine and Draisaitl are great point producers but in the playoffs, it's the Bergeron/Gainey type that brings home cups.
Agreed.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
They would want Petry too so blows up the defence also.
Well, the objective is to make the Habs become the Oilers considering we are in the same division. Frankly, the Habs does not need Drai. We have good goaltending, good/hard hitting defense, and balance forward. A little tweak here and there is all we need.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Time to lock this up. It’s the same couple people just arguing at this point.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To EDM: Jones, PLD

To CBJ: Drai, Bear

Would the Jackets do this? I think the Jackets give up the greater player value by a smidge, the Oil are giving up the better contractual value by a smidge (Drai signed longer at a good bargain).

I think Drai and Bjorkstrand could be a killer combo that would be fun to watch if I’m a Jackets fan.

Jones would instantly fix our D, and PLD should be capable of 50-60pts as the 2C. Am I crazy thinking this could be a win-win for both teams?
I'd give it some thought. I really don't like doing a major team overhaul, but I can see that potentially being worth it. Maybe. Possibly. I dunno.

* * *​
PLD and Zack Werenski for Drais
This, OTOH, is an easy "no".

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm trying to decrypt what this stands for, or if it has any relevance to the thread in question. :sarcasm:

Again, I think Edmonton is better off keeping Draisaitl, barring an overpayment that could absolutely help their team RIGHT NOW. The best course of action, IMO, is to simply find the depth they need for their bottom 6 and get a good goalie. Nurse isn't anywhere as bad as what he's shown lately. Everybody has off-days/off-weeks. With Broberg/Bouchard/Samurokov/Jones, their defense should be fine before not long (this, hoping that Klefbom comes back next season fully health). Goaltending and forward depth should be the main concern - not trading one of their superstars.

Otherwise, what would either CBJ or EDM think of the following:

:cbj
Draisaitl
1 of Turris/Shore

:edmonton
Dubois
Texier
Merzlikins

With this, CBJ get an elite 1C in return, along with a bottom-6 C to replace Texier, but EDM gets a great 2-way 1C, an excellent young C, and a very solid goaltender.

Last edited:

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
The problem with him is he's not as talented as Malkin and doesn't do as much work as Malkin.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm trying to decrypt what this stands for, or if it has any relevance to the thread in question. :sarcasm:

Again, I think Edmonton is better off keeping Draisaitl, barring an overpayment that could absolutely help their team RIGHT NOW. The best course of action, IMO, is to simply find the depth they need for their bottom 6 and get a good goalie. Nurse isn't anywhere as bad as what he's shown lately. Everybody has off-days/off-weeks. With Broberg/Bouchard/Samurokov/Jones, their defense should be fine before not long (this, hoping that Klefbom comes back next season fully health). Goaltending and forward depth should be the main concern - not trading one of their superstars.

Draisaitl
1 of Turris/Shore

Dubois
Texier
Merzlikins

With this, CBJ get an elite 1C in return, along with a bottom-6 C to replace Texier, but EDM gets a great 2-way 1C, an excellent young C, and a very solid goaltender.
Oh hell no. Throwing in Texier with a PLD trade is an automatic non-starter no matter how much anyone begs or adds.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Draisaitl
1 of Turris/Shore

Dubois
Texier
Merzlikins

For tex and elvis added, yeah, something else of a lot of value needs to come back

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What about:

Draisaitl

Dubois
Elvis

CBJ upgrades at 1C. Oilers gets solid 2-way center + a very solid goalie. That said, I do believe Oilers will want at least 1 other piece... Hmm.. Would CBJ entertain adding Foudy or anyone to make EDM do the deal?

Reactions: Canucks LB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad