Leon Draisaitl vs Jack Eichel 17/18

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I think Jack is the biggest question mark regarding superstar youth around the league with is what is leading to all these threads. Eichel has had poor luck with injury since starting in the NHL and when healthy shows that he has the potential for superstardom but because of injury we have no real idea how good he really is. Is he on par with Matthews/Drai/Laine as we think or on a tier above or below them? I don't think many see him on McDavid's level.

He's had literally one injury and had the flu once.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
He's had literally one injury and had the flu once.

wasn't even the flu. He missed one game due to food poisoning from a bad grilled cheese sandwich in Toronto, year 1, and got clipped by Girgensons the last practice before the season last year. Nothing in his history says he's injury prone.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
considering 42 of Draisatil's points came with McDavid, I will go with Eichel who is clearly a offensive machine himself. What I"m trying to say is, Eichel does not need a Mcjesus level player to reach point per game.

Daraisatl on the other hand... does need one.

so clearly It's Jack the ripper Eichel.

Draisaitl is how his name is spelled, another hockey fan who didn't watch Leon in the playoffs, he isn't a product of McDavid people! He's a good player in his own right. Right now, plays a more complete game than Eichel or Mathews.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
lol i can't decide if Drai is underrated or overrated. I think the guy is a stud and is definitely a comparable to Eichel. Literally the only knock on Drai is that he plays with Connor McDavid it's a lazy argument to discredit him. There were many many games where Leon was the best player on the ice, not McDavid.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Hard to say. Question is a bit ambiguous. Better season. Could mean a variety of things.

1) Most improvement
2) Most points
3) More impact to his team
4) Most success in the playoffs

I think Eichel is more talented but I dont necessarily think he will have a more successful year than Draitsaitl.

Eichel should have a bigger impact on his team because the Oilers have McDavid.

Draitsaitl has a better chance of having more success in the playoffs because Edmonton should easily make the playoffs where as Buffalo is a bubble team.

Most improvement, no one knows.

Most points will depend on health and whether or not Draitsaitl is playing with McDavid.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I am laughing, actually.
why?
for the last 2 years, Drai has scored at a higher PPG (we all know how much you love scoring rates) than Eichel, finished top 10 in scoring (while taking 1m+ from Eichel in bonuses hahah) and proved his worth in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->