Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
The 2.01 number is his pts/60 just at 5-on-5. That means over a full season he would score 39 or 40 points when both teams are at full strength. This doesn't account for points at other even strength situations like 4-on-4 and 3-on-3.

Players who scored between 35 and 42 points at 5-on-5 last season: Stone, Wheeler, Kessel, Tarasenko, Radulov, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Voracek, Tavares, Duchene, Schenn, Monahan, Ehlers, Connor, Getzlaf, Backstrom, Forsberg, Marner, Keller, Pavelski, Crosby, E. Kane, Laine

All terrible 2nd and 3rd line players for sure!!

Reactions: Del Preston

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
And I’m using the numbers provided by Alan Mitchell (Lowetide) of the Athletic.

Posted on July 12

“Draisaitl 498 with McDavid 2.65, 628 minutes without 2.01 P/60”

This is 5v5.

So....go tell him he’s incorrect.

And if you go with all ES minutes over the last 2 years Draisaitl has played 1165 minutes at ES away from McDavid. He has 14 goals and 44 points for 2.27 pts/60. Tavares over the same period was about 2.32, Eichel is 2.17, Matthews is quite a bit higher at 2,60 but he also has the advantage of much better support than Leon away from McDavid. But offensively for me Matthews is the better player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
So would you say he's overrated ?

Or are you just holding a grudge against Edmonton?

I think he is right where he should be, although overpaid. Just because you clearly hold a grudge against Anaheim doesn't mean everyone else does. Why would I hold a grudge against a team we beat?

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I think he is right where he should be, although overpaid. Just because you clearly hold a grudge against Anaheim doesn't mean evecuryone else does. Why would I hold a grudge against a team we beat?

Hhhhmmmmm i don't know.. maybe because those two teams are in the same division. I hold no grudge towards Anaheim at all.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He's not overpaid.

He gets an extra $2 million per year to live in Edmonton.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I find it absolutely amusing that Leafs fans often say Centre>Winger(which is correct most of the time) when discussing guys like Matthews & Tavares. Of course that doesn't apply when we are talking Drai vs Marner though.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
He's not overpaid.

He gets an extra $2 million per year to live in Edmonton.
Ah so he should be getting paid 6.5 mil per? I'm assuming you also think Marner should get 6 mil per, Nylander 5.5 mil per? Matthews 7.5 mil per?

I'll be sure to remind you how Dubas overpaid heavily for those 3 when the time comes.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Let us know when Matthews faces the special attention McDavid did in those playoffs while winning a round lol. Draisaitl also creamed Matthews playoff performances so far while centering his own line.
It's a shame he's been subpar nearly all of his career otherwise.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
So you don't think Matthews career highs of ~60 points in Toronto wouldn't drop in Edmonton playing with Draisaitls wingers? Interesting.
Matthews has proven he can centre his own line and put up points (and tonnes of goals). Draisaitl hasn't.

Nothing you can say beyond speculation will change that.

The funny thing is, in Matthews first year with the Leafs, everybody talked of them being as bad as the oilers. Then he scored 40 goals and 69 points. Now all of a sudden matthews only scores because hes a leaf, and they're such a strong team? Hf posters are schitzo.

Then you see threads on who are contenders, and you see ckaims about all the holes the leafs have and how they're not really a go9d team.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Good thing he hasn’t produced 40 points on a second line yet.

Even though you’re acting like he has....and yet we’re supposed to get back to you when he ecplises some marker you set?

Okay then.
And you get back to me when you get a player good enough to make the oilers better than a one player basement team.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
The 2.01 number is his pts/60 just at 5-on-5. That means over a full season he would score 39 or 40 points when both teams are at full strength. This doesn't account for points at other even strength situations (4-on-4 and 3-on-3).

Players who scored between 35 and 42 points at 5-on-5 last season: Wheeler, Kessel, Tarasenko, Radulov, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Voracek, Tavares, Duchene, Schenn, Monahan, Ehlers, Connor, Backstrom, Marner, Keller, Pavelski, Crosby, E. Kane, Laine

Edit: removed Getzlaf, Forsberg, and Stone because they all missed signifcant time due to injury.
And how many have never scored better than that, while not playing beside mcdavid, in their career.

I'll wait for your abbreviated list. Of none of those players.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
And how many have never scored better than that, while not playing beside mcdavid, in their career.

I'll wait for your abbreviated list. Of none of those players.
First off, what?

And what does McDavid have to do with anything in that post?

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Hhhhmmmmm i don't know.. maybe because those two teams are in the same division. I hold no grudge towards Anaheim at all.
90 percent of your threads either bash the Ducks or put them in unfair polls you know they will lose and every Anaheim fan on here knows it

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I find it absolutely amusing that Leafs fans often say Centre>Winger(which is correct most of the time) when discussing guys like Matthews & Tavares. Of course that doesn't apply when we are talking Drai vs Marner though.

You're referring to a depth centre vs a top winger.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You're referring to a depth centre vs a top winger.
Lol, "depth centre"

Every time there is a thread about Draisaitl you come in and post the same nonsense that is easily refuted by actual statistics. It's borderline trolling at this point. Give it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad