Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
LOL. Was that an option?

People who cling to the "never got 70 points" line are actually saying: " I am not able to identify his hockey talent and do not think production rate is connected to talent, just luck matters. Injuries = lack of talent. Therefore my inferior player is better. I know nothing about hockey and am a huge homer, please ignore my posts"

Why are you guys so obsessed with Matthews?

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about and it’s not clinging if I am stating a fact. Yes, it’s a fact that he’s never gotten above 70 points.

Last edited:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
After Marner signs his extension you'll have 31 teams that would take Draisaitl over Marner.
LOL, NOT-A-CHANCE, swap teams and linemates Marner would outscore Draisaitl by 20 points and actually play a little 2 way game to boot. there are 3 zones on the ice, Draisaitl plays hard in one of them.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
LOL, NOT-A-CHANCE, swap teams and linemates Marner would outscore Draisaitl by 20 points and actually play a little 2 way game to boot. there are 3 zones on the ice, Draisaitl plays hard in one of them.
Marner would be the best player on the flames aswell anyways.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I don’t think it’s really possible to have an under rated player playing for a Canadian franchise, but draisaitl is definitely the second best oilers forward after Mcdavid since Doug weight

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I am too lazy to dig up the highlight but he did float really bad on the Evander Kane goal. But Oilers are pretty messed up so maybe he would backcheck harder on a good team.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

It’s possible if he plays on Mcdavids wing. Toronto is still a much better team overall then Edmonton so he might not outsxore Draisaitl in this situation. Edmonton has no Dmen that can pass the l puck up the ice and our transition game is just give the puck to Mcdavid.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

add 20 points to Marner and he'd be outscoring McDavid.
Oh you Leafs fans, don't ever change

Reactions: CycloneSweep

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
After Marner signs his extension you'll have 31 teams that would take Draisaitl over Marner. Not a diss on Marner, I've liked him since his Jr days but Draisaitl has the size and position advantage while putting up similar points. Then you add Marner's next contract which will be in the 11 million range and it's a no brainer. You can't really use the playing with Mcdavid argument because Tavares and Matthews are two of the best forwards in the league.
Do you believe that?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Look here, read this: Leon Draisaitl is a terrific Winger but I am far from convinced he's a #1 Centre. That's my main point. It's simple and I'm trying to be succinct. You want me to expound? or just hold my tongue and let an LD is great love-in to ensue? if that's what you want just keep that on the Oilers' boards.

I think a top end C, like some have claimed LD to be, should be able to make something happen on his own damned line. Right now you have McDavid and Leon crushing it together for what? 35% of a game? But what happens during the other 65%? Edmonton gets demolished. I believe McDavid is a beast and can with even middling Wingers be over a ppg and for the Oilers to be successful needs Leon to take some crappy wingers and eke out a 55-60pts until management can get them better. Until then Edmonton keeps losing and McD and LD devolve into a one-trick pony.

Draisaitl has been on the ice with McDavid 63.79% of the time this year. Slightly more than his ELC year.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Or maybe he is overrated?

Point producer but the Oilers are not better.
Don’t bother posting if you dont watch a player play. You take draisaitl off the team and the team gets worse, thus by having him on the team he makes the team better proving your point moot.

There’s plenty of players on the oilers you could remove and the team would be better for it, Leon is not one of them.

Reactions: Leon der Profi

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You honestly have no idea what you are talking about and it’s not clinging if I am stating a fact. Yes, it’s a fact that he’s never gotten above 70 points.
Yes, it is also a fact that does not tell us how talented he is.

You dishonestly said I do not know what I am talking about. I really do.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
You can't call him a center period. He's absolutely abysmal centering his own line. He's a very very good winger who needs to play with a C who can drive the play.

He can't center his own line. And don't accuse me of not watching him because I've seen almost every game he's played in an Oilers jersey.

you're so full of it dude.. its hilarious.

We get it, you're angsty about the oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->