Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Pretty cool how someone too slow for the modern game can be top 10 in points and top 3 in goals.
Playing with McDavid will do that. I seem to recall him turning Patrick Maroon into a lethal offensive weapon

JGuardz

Dec 22, 2009
He's a fantastic winger. One of the best in the game. Just wish oiler fans would stop trying to convince people he's a centre. Teams with 2 elite 100 point centres don't consistently miss the playoffs :laugh:

Reactions: binop7

LeafMaple

Feb 3, 2019
Good player but Mcdavid is a big part of his production. Overrated if you ask me. Matthews is underrated

Reactions: binop7

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I’ll still take 55-65 point Leon at 8.5 over 70 point Matthews at 11.634
LOL. Was that an option?

People who cling to the "never got 70 points" line are actually saying: " I am not able to identify his hockey talent and do not think production rate is connected to talent, just luck matters. Injuries = lack of talent. Therefore my inferior player is better. I know nothing about hockey and am a huge homer, please ignore my posts"

Why are you guys so obsessed with Matthews?

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Let’s see how next year goes when 40 million is tied up into 4 players and all 4 of them get out scored by the “over paid” Draisaitl.
Well at least those 4 overpaid players are going to the show can’t say the same for McDrai at this point

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
People in the game still consider Draisaitl the next Kopitar but a few guys on HF say he sucks defensively so it must be true. You must have watched a game where he made a mistake and decided that's all you needed to see.

I watched Lidstrom play once. Dude was a pylon.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
People in the game still consider Draisaitl the next Kopitar but a few guys on HF say he sucks defensively so it must be true. You must have watched a game where he made a mistake and decided that's all you needed to see.

I watched Lidstrom play once. Dude was a pylon.

Man I miss rookie Nuge

Although he does seem to be bringing that offensive game out of the grave this year.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It's also a fact that anyone who isn't playing with McDavid, Draisaitl or RNH is playing with someone who is lucky to score 10 goals in a season even when they're lower in the line up and facing the proper level of opposition.

The Oilers depth is so bad on the wing that fans are actually furious about losing Drake Caggiula's offense. Let that sink in.

I get that.

But supposed elite Cs should be able to carry a line no matter the linemates.

Give McDavid two scrubs, run Drai-RNH.

It looks like you guys should've kept Taylor Hall.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Chiasson got his shot with McDavid because of his work with Draisaitl. It was when they were paired together on the second line that his season took off.

Not saying he isn't capable of being a C pivot. I think he is. Just wanna see it first before Declaring him an elite C, when he plays McD's winger for the most part.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Not saying he isn't capable of being a C pivot. I think he is. Just wanna see it first before Declaring him an elite C, when he plays McD's winger for the most part.

He also needs to be put in a position to succeed at center before we say he's a failure. People like to play stupid so they can bash him. It's not like the Oilers have a couple 20 goal scorers on the second line that Draisaitl can't put up points with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad