Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
I honestly dont know the general consesus of his abilities. Hes in my fantasy pool so ive watched him specifically this year on multiple occasions (7-10 games id say).

To me he comes across as one of the laziest players ive seen in a long time. plays on a good line and he can pot the goal when needed. his play away from the puck is beyond atrocious from what i saw. just floats and waits for an opportunity (which hes often in a good place for)

Reactions: binop7

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Shouldn't you be comparing Drai to Marner in that instance since they're both the Wingers there? Compare Tavares to McDavid sure and I don't think even Tavares' mother will say her son is better than McDavid.

Long story short Draisaitl has the better Centre, McDavid but still LD has near identical stats to Marner(66 in 54 to 65 in 53).

p.s. ad hominem attacks aren't really appreciated. Let's just try to keep it civil here please friend.
Marner can play with anyone. He's on a completely different level than draisaitl. And I like the kid (his wjc with Germany was amazing) but he's looking like at most a depending on the matchup #2C right now

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Marner can play with anyone. He's on a completely different level than draisaitl. And I like the kid (his wjc with Germany was amazing) but he's looking like at most a depending on the matchup #2C right now

A 2C on Pace for 100 points. :laugh:
And no Marner is not on a different level, try again

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
A 2C on Pace for 100 points. :laugh:
And no Marner is not on a different level, try again
Marner is absolutely on a different level. And responsible defensively too. Draisaitl is too slow for the modern game. Babcock would send León to the 4th line for the kind of defensive effort he brings

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I’ll still take 55-65 point Leon at 8.5 over 70 point Matthews at 11.634
55-65 point Leon who's cracked 70 points twice and is on pace for 100 this year?
Marner is absolutely on a different level. And responsible defensively too. Draisaitl is too slow for the modern game. Babcock would send León to the 4th line for the kind of defensive effort he brings
Pretty cool how someone too slow for the modern game can be top 10 in points and top 3 in goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad