Leon Draisaitl just snuck up and has another 40 goal season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
With 2 goals tonight he now has 40 goals and will have his 6th straight year with top 4 in points (last 5 years he has been 4,1,2,4,2 and this year is currently 7th going into todays action with 96 but could very well finish top 5 again.

Where do people expect him to end up on the all time lists?

Top 25?
top 50?

He also has a very good playoff resume.

Or will he be under rated because of McDavid and a secondary question would be is he already ahead of Jurri Kurri who the HOH section here ranked 76th all time between 2 old timers.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What are his top 3 line combinations this year, percentage wise?
Still heavily with McDavid & Hyman
IMG_1477.jpeg

Wait he has goals in todays game? Is my feed that far behind
I am very confused by this as he hasn't hit 40 yet
He’s from future, burn him at the cross!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Draisaitl didn’t score a single goal today? :huh:
Man my bad major faceslap for me I can't read a boxscore on 2 hours sleep obviously.:eek3:

Still the rest of the question applies and I'm sure he will score 40 goals this year...if not I'll watch my back for some crazy German from Edmonton.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Man my bad major faceslap for me I can't read a boxscore on 2 hours sleep obviously.:eek3:

Still the rest of the question applies and I'm sure he will score 40 goals this year...if not I'll watch my back for some crazy German from Edmonton.
Nope, you jinxed him. He will never score again. Feel shame

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Not the answer to your exact question, but...

Drai has played exactly the same number of total minutes with McDavid (739) as he's played without him.

McDavid has been on the ice for 33 of Drai's 59 ES points, and 36 of 37 PP points.
Now do Rantanen with and without Mackinnon

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Not the answer to your exact question, but...

Drai has played exactly the same number of total minutes with McDavid (739) as he's played without him.

McDavid has been on the ice for 33 of Drai's 59 ES points, and 36 of 37 PP points.
At 5vs5 they have played 428:40 minutes together. Draisaitl has played 689:18 minutes apart from McDavid.

This totals out as about 38% of their 5vs5 minutes shared together, which is pretty much in line with the average time they've spent together in their primes.

For comparisons sake, pairings like Matthews/Marner and MacKinnon/Rantanen typically spend more than 70% of their 5vs5 time together.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You're a Canucks fan, do Petey and Miller.
IMG_1478.jpeg

At 5vs5 they have played 428:40 minutes together. Draisaitl has played 689:18 minutes apart from McDavid.

This totals out as about 38% of their 5vs5 minutes shared together, which is pretty much in line with the average time they've spent together in their primes.

For comparisons sake, pairings like Matthews/Marner and MacKinnon/Rantanen typically spend more than 70% of their 5vs5 time together.
Those are natural center/winger pairings, not stacking a center/center pairing.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Why? Is someone asking if Rantanen is a top 25/50 player of all time?
It’s a bad take comparison anyways, why try to downplay the results from two player who positionally make a proper line? That’s not really “line stacking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad