Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
His stickhandling of the puck between the opposing player's stick and skates is so nice for a big man. I keep thinking he will lose the puck.. but somehow he often manages to stick handle his way out of traffic. Really nice hands to go with now a deadly shot.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
giphy.gif

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
His quick hands and release on that 4th goal was just absurd. How do you even defend against that? We have a guy who is a possession monster, elite playmaker and elite goalscorer. He's seriously the best and most complete player in the league right now. Couldn't care less about the Hart but I really hope he wins the Lindsay.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

Can’t wait until we’re all disappointed but not surprised when MacKinnon wins the Hart over Draisaitl

I guess Jagr wasn't any good. You'd think with that being the other name in the top 4 he'd think more clearly. Lets not even mention the fact he's arguably been better or just as good with Nuge-Yamamoto.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Can't remember who was on 1260 saying that it's unfortunate the Hart voting is done by writers that really don't pay attention. Far too many are going to vote for McDavid when it should be LD, thus probably costing LD the Hart.

Then again I prefer the Lindsay trophy

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
He's not going to win it. He will lose too many votes to McDavid for no reason. Western conference players will always have a higher bar.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006

Can’t wait until we’re all disappointed but not surprised when MacKinnon wins the Hart over Draisaitl

Its takes like that, especially from a known oiler hater, wysh. And weirdo advanced stat twins who say nichushin is a better player is why media voting is pretty much tainted these year end awards.

There are so many different biases that arent consistent league wide. What a shit show it's been recently. One year you need shit teammates. Next year it's ok to have an all star cast around you so who cares about last year. This year, you play half the season with McDavid so you get minus points.

Reactions: TB12

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Honestly, I thought last season might have been his "points ceiling" even though I expected his overall game to continue to improve.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
His quick hands and release on that 4th goal was just absurd. How do you even defend against that? We have a guy who is a possession monster, elite playmaker and elite goalscorer. He's seriously the best and most complete player in the league right now. Couldn't care less about the Hart but I really hope he wins the Lindsay.

You could see that he somehow "found the cheatcode" in hockey. He just knew how to score there, and that he will.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

If this season continues as it is now and that happens, they'll probably just have to disband the PWHA, because it will be the final stake in the heart of that organization having any value.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Was re-watching the day he was drafted and caught this awesome moment

Massive development in that area since draft day.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He's not going to win it. He will lose too many votes to McDavid for no reason. Western conference players will always have a higher bar.

... McDavid is though a western conf player as well....

Draisaitl has one competitor. And that is Pasternak.
I think that the voters has seen Draisaitls success in McDavid abscence.
And McDavid has had some less good stretches.

I actually think that Draisaitl wins the Hart.
Otherwise it will be Pasternak, esp if he scores 60 goals.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
... McDavid is though a western conf player as well....

Draisaitl has one competitor. And that is Pasternak.
I think that the voters has seen Draisaitls success in McDavid abscence.
And McDavid has had some less good stretches.

I actually think that Draisaitl wins the Hart.
Otherwise it will be Pasternak, esp if he scores 60 goals.
McDavid is a Western Conference player who gets tons of attention from eastern media. Until very recently Draisaitl was simply a product of McDavid out here. It is changing in the Toronto media to a degree. But there is still a healthy disregard for anything positive in Oiler land.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Was re-watching the day he was drafted and caught this awesome moment

Massive development in that area since draft day.

Lol at that “scouting report”

4/5 compete level
3/5 shot

Welp that’s changed quite a bit too.

Although the comparable to Jumbo Joe is pretty accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->