Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
This Draisaitl kid can play..;)

Man, was there ever a more unsung hero superstar in the NHL?

Every town we go its like Connor gets all the press and Draisaitl wows in the games. Nobody in attendance should wonder who Leon is. But he's like that literally every rink as he's made a career of stealing Rangers bacon.

Leon would be the best forward on literally any other team. No other player but Connor would be throwing any shade on him. What a smart player.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This Draisaitl kid can play..;)

Man, was there ever a more unsung hero superstar in the NHL?

Every town we go its like Connor gets all the press and Draisaitl wows in the games. Nobody in attendance should wonder who Leon is. But he's like that literally every rink as he's made a career of stealing Rangers bacon.

Leon would be the best forward on literally any other team. No other player but Connor would be throwing any shade on him. What a smart player.
This is what a true top 5 forward in the league looks like, not Auston Matthews. His 2-way game has grown far more consistent over the past 3 years. He's an elite 2-way beast.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
This is what a true top 5 forward in the league looks like, not Auston Matthews. His 2-way game has grown far more consistent over the past 3 years. He's an elite 2-way beast.

I don't know the actual numbers but it seemed like he won every face off he took.

Absolutely amazing.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I don't know the actual numbers but it seemed like he won every face off he took.

Absolutely amazing.

Z won one of them and Drai was just incensed as the Official once again faked Leon and then dropped the puck not even, but practically on Z's stick. Leon just glared at the official and he;s been pissed at getting thrown out of the circles too for ahole officials that are double clutching the drop all the time. Drives Leon nuts. You got one job to do, drop the puck fairly in the right spot.

Reactions: Aerchon

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Drai 9EV pts

McD 5EV pts

Food for thought?

Drai is creating more plays in standard 5 on 5 matchup and getting more points. That's quite something.

McD and Drai currently 1,2 in NHL production.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Drai 9EV pts

McD 5EV pts

Food for thought?

Drai is creating more plays in standard 5 on 5 matchup and getting more points. That's quite something.

McD and Drai currently 1,2 in NHL production.

So much for the myth of Drai being a slow starter. His pace of play and overall dominance in all zones has been incredibly impressive this year. I wonder how much the Germany/Europe trip last year impacted his start?

really awesome to see how he put up 50 goals last year and was easily a top 10 player in the league on his own merits and he has started this season hungry and wanting more. Hard to think of a player who compares to him? Maybe prime Jamie Benn or Malkin as there aren’t many players who have the size, speed and skill that Drai possesses. He’s eclipsed Kopitar by a decent margin IMO.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So much for the myth of Drai being a slow starter. His pace of play and overall dominance in all zones has been incredibly impressive this year. I wonder how much the Germany/Europe trip last year impacted his start?

really awesome to see how he put up 50 goals last year and was easily a top 10 player in the league on his own merits and he has started this season hungry and wanting more. Hard to think of a player who compares to him? Maybe prime Jamie Benn or Malkin as there aren’t many players who have the size, speed and skill that Drai possesses. He’s eclipsed Kopitar by a decent margin IMO.
I don't think he's reached prime Kopitar defensively yet, but he's easily surpassed him offensively.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Haha, what if this is a slow start? God help the rest of the league....

Reactions: frag2

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
Draisaitl's a beast. I was expecting a bit of a drop off because hey, it's pretty damn hard to live up to a 50 goal season, but if the early going is any indication, he's going to be just as good (maybe even better) this year.

Of course he'll still get basically no credit from anyone other than Oilers fans though.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Funjiest shit I heard all year. Sportsnet had Matthew's winning the Art Ross on one of thier shows....

Reactions: TB12 and McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Funjiest **** I heard all year. Sportsnet had Matthew's winning the Art Ross on one of thier shows....
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->