Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He was talking about where Connor fit on his Hart ballot. Went back and listened and this is the exact quote:

"You think about the lack of depth that surrounds him, to be able to do that, to pull along Leon Draisaitl to a 50 goal and 100 point season himself. You think about where Draisaitl was last year, playing together about 60% of the time, this year he goes from 70 points to 104. That to me is McDavid's candidacy for the Hart in itself."
I mean I guess that's good, but also Draisaitl isn't a middling player being propped up I don't think personally

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He was talking about where Connor fit on his Hart ballot. Went back and listened and this is the exact quote:

"You think about the lack of depth that surrounds him, to be able to do that, to pull along Leon Draisaitl to a 50 goal and 100 point season himself. You think about where Draisaitl was last year, playing together about 60% of the time, this year he goes from 70 points to 104. That to me is McDavid's candidacy for the Hart in itself."

That's even worse than the shorter quote. In what context does the writer think this is instance of "pulling along" McD and Drai are almost a deadheat this season. Only 11 pts separate them, and Drai had 9 more goals. In EV play, Connor only exceeded Leon by a mere 7pts. That is 1 pt per month.

Has to be noted, again, that when McDrai are apart Connor gets Nuge to play with, and Leon gets mostly unproductive players to play with. Given equal linemates the pts production is probably even closer.

The writer never watched Leon play is my estimation. Also no awareness that Leon actually broke out 2 seasons ago, and in the playoffs.

Reactions: Zaddy

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

He's a moron.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

And that to me is Seravalli's candidacy for Idiot Journalist of the Century in itself.

Reactions: booyakasha

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
“...to pull along a player like Draisaitl to a 50 goal, 100 point season of his own.”
-Seravalli talking about Connor on his Hart ballot

Man, is Drai ever criminally underrated outside of this market.
That’s embarrassing

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
@Drivesaitl haha look what I found cleaning out my phone.
upload_2019-4-19_16-35-51.jpeg

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
That's why I have said they remind me of 99/17. Leon has learned to finish.
I first read it as "Leon has learned finnish" thinking wow he wants to be Kurri to McDavid's Gretzky so much he's going method.

Reactions: TB12

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He just keeps getting better and he's such a unique and versatile player. Beyond proud of what he accomplished this season and so happy that we have him for at least another 6 seasons. He's not McDavid level, but he's a superstar.

Reactions: TB12

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
He just keeps getting better and he's such a unique and versatile player. Beyond proud of what he accomplished this season and so happy that we have him for at least another 6 seasons. He's not McDavid level, but he's a superstar.
This will probably not go over well, but I've stated it before..
I think Draisaitl is more Captain material than McDavid.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think it's quite clearly Connor and Leon's team. Doesn't matter who's captain, I believe the two are the right type of leaders you want because they leave it all out on the ice. They're the type of players you can win with, and they can be effective in playoff hockey. If this was basketball this duo could win a championship. Unfortunately it's hockey so they need to build an actual team around them before this will shine through. I mean they were 2 bad calls away from taking a flawed roster to the Conference finals as 20 and 21 year olds. Imagine what they could do with a real roster behind them.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I like Leon, but I don't really see it.

It's plain as day when you watch the Oilers for 10 minutes who drives the bus for the team on the ice ... and that's no.97.

That's not a knock on Leon, it's just no one tilts the ice and can explode out of nowhere like McDavid can.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I like Leon, but I don't really see it.

It's plain as day when you watch the Oilers for 10 minutes who drives the bus for the team on the ice ... and that's no.97.

That's not a knock on Leon, it's just no one tilts the ice and can explode out of nowhere like McDavid can.
I meant more of an on off ice and the way a person carries themself.
Leon has a certain je ne sais quoi about him.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
That is probably the nicest baseball style goal ive seen. Unreal puck tracking and coordination by Draisatl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->