Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Draisaitl: 89 points in 69 games this season
Bennett: 76 in his last 230 games

GVoNK3C.gif
Oh man do I wish that OKG saw this post.

Reactions: McHockeyfan91

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
WOW. when was the last time a team with two 100 pt producers missed the playoffs? maybe its not that uncommon, but, my senses tell me it almost never happens.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Just keep Leon on Connor's line until the end of the season. I really hope he gets to 50. You can tell that McDavid is looking for 29 at almost every opportunity now. I think both of them really want Drai to reach 50. With how hot he is right now and with McDavid looking for him.. I think he'll have a good chance at it.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just keep Leon on Connor's line until the end of the season. I really hope he gets to 50. You can tell that McDavid is looking for 29 at almost every opportunity now. I think both of them really want Drai to reach 50. With how hot he is right now and with McDavid looking for him.. I think he'll have a good chance at it.
I think Hitch enjoys the versatility. At home he can exploit the last changes and get 97 and 29 out there together against weaker players in the O-zone. On the road he splits them up to make line matching harder for the other coach.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
WOW. when was the last time a team with two 100 pt producers missed the playoffs? maybe its not that uncommon, but, my senses tell me it almost never happens.
Atlanta had 3 90 point scorers and missed one year back in the day.

Marty St. Louis and Steven Stamkos finished 1st and 2nd respectively in league scoring in the lockout shortened season in 2012-13 and Tampa was the 3rd worst team in the league.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Thinking about the Oiler's taking Bennett and Calgary ending up with Draisaitl gives me anxiety

Could you imagine? Bennett even more rushed than Calgary did, we're talking 15 career goals and probably already traded by Chiarelli for some overpaid 6th line LWer.

It's about the only thing I give the Oilers credit for is realizing Drai was in over his head off the bat and sending him back to PA. He came back a superstar.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Could you imagine? Bennett even more rushed than Calgary did, we're talking 15 career goals and probably already traded by Chiarelli for some overpaid 6th line LWer.

It's about the only thing I give the Oilers credit for is realizing Drai was in over his head off the bat and sending him back to PA. He came back a superstar.
They sent him back to Kelowna as he was traded.

I think part of the reason they didn't send him back is they didnt trust PA to develop him properly.

Other than that I agree with this post.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
They sent him back to Kelowna as he was traded.

I think part of the reason they didn't send him back is they didnt trust PA to develop him properly.

Other than that I agree with this post.

That's right, thanks for the correction.
I don't know what it did for his confidence or development but the Leon before and after that was a more dramatic transformation than Scott Stevens pre and post steroids.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
LD has an extremely high shooting % of 21, very unlikely he is able to repeat this next year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
LD has an extremely high shooting % of 21, very unlikely he is able to repeat this next year.

True but he may get more assists if his linemates are better. I'd think/hope that they could find a better 3rd wheel for that line than Chiasson or Kassian.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

I mean, I don't think anyone expects him to score 40+ goals every year. But 30+ goals seems quite realistic given the player he has developed into.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Which is both impressive but unfortunate because it implies he won't be scoring as much next season unless he increases his shot volume a ton.
Comparing his shot total to ovi is useless.

Ovechkin is a volume shooter, draisaitl isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->