Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If the Oilers make the playoffs, McDavid wins the Hart and Lindsay, and maybe the Art Ross

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
9 goals in 16 games (assuming he plays them all) is 0.56 G/GP. He has averaged 0.62 G/GP so far this season, so it's certainly possible. My guess is that he barely misses it, but who knows. If he gets a 2 or 3 goal game soon here, that will go an awful long way to getting him to 50. It sure would be cool if he makes it, as that would mean he very likely gets to 100 points as well. It's been a horrific season, and it would be at least something to cheer for the rest of the way. I've actually found myself cheering more for Drai-points than McPoints lately, as McDavid is out of the Art Ross running.

I am going to throw this out there....if Leon gets 50 goals then this team will make the playoffs.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
It is in fact a possibility. Look at the schedule Minny has coming up.

It is in fact mathematically extremely difficult to the point of being basically impossible. The Oilers could win every game left and still likely miss the playoffs.

A group of 5 teams ALL need to have sub 500 records to finish the year and the Oilers need to win 12+ games of the final 16...

2% were the last odds I heard.

"So your saying there's a chance"...

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
It is in fact mathematically extremely difficult to the point of being basically impossible. The Oilers could win every game left and still likely miss the playoffs.

A group of 5 teams ALL need to have sub 500 records to finish the year and the Oilers need to win 12+ games of the final 16...

2% were the last odds I heard.

"So your saying there's a chance"...
12-3-1 gets them to 90 points. Stranger things have happened.

If they are an 8-8 team (.500) they have to figure out how to turn 4 games that would be losses into wins. That's not impossible, lets see.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

It's times like these where some cliches are right. Literally take it one game at a time, make sure that you do whatever you can to win each and every game that you play. Every game should be treated like a playoff game where the opposing team is looking to close us out in 1 or 2 games.

Reactions: ujju2

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Pretty crazy that Draisaitl is 6th in the NHL in points. Tied with Rantanen (but with 1 game in hand) and just 1 point behind MacKinnon (tied in PPG) and Crosby.

Going by PPG he's tied for 5th with MacKinnon and ahead of guys like Point, Stamkos, Marchand, Bergeron, Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Pastrnak, Ovechkin, Malkin, Eichel, Scheifele, Barkov, Giroux etc. A lot of them with a pretty decent margin too. Also 2nd in goal-scoring behind Ovechkin.

Even if you factor in who he is playing with his numbers are just insane, especially on this offensively inept team with no puck-moving D. He legitimately has to be one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Pretty crazy that Draisaitl is 6th in the NHL in points. Tied with Rantanen (but with 1 game in hand) and just 1 point behind MacKinnon (tied in PPG) and Crosby.

Going by PPG he's tied for 5th with MacKinnon and ahead of guys like Point, Stamkos, Marchand, Bergeron, Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Pastrnak, Ovechkin, Malkin, Eichel, Scheifele, Barkov, Giroux etc. A lot of them with a pretty decent margin too. Also 2nd in goal-scoring behind Ovechkin.

Even if you factor in who he is playing with his numbers are just insane, especially on this offensively inept team with no puck-moving D. He legitimately has to be one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

I said in 2014 when we drafted him he was behind in development from the start. He went from a German league straight into the CHL. He didn't develop in a Canadian quality system. He still managed to dominate.

I'm looking at the draft day thread now, it's hilarious how many people wanted Bennett over Draisaitl.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
In 2008, Draisaitl scored 20 goals followed by 48 in 2009. Then joining PA, he scored 21 and that jumped up to 38 the following season. Last year he scored 25 and he's at 42 this season. If we're following his 2008-2009-2010 trajectory, he'll score 97 next season.

This is real guys. Don't look into it more than this post.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Draisaitl: 89 points in 69 games this season
Bennett: 76 in his last 230 games

GVoNK3C.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad