Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay & Hart Trophy Winner | Congrats on 500 Career Points!

AT14C

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2017
If Panarin wins the Hart it proves the obvious eastern bias in the media. They've used the " most valuable to his team" ad naseum. If that is the case they should be voting for Nathan McKinnon as he has had a far greater impact on the Avs this year and they have the fourth highest point total in the league. That being said , I stillw ant Drai to win.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018

I don't know who the guy in the top right corner is, but the fact he voted 1. MacKinnon 2. Panirin and 3. Draisaitl gives me reason to cherish that. What a dunce. I wouldn't be surprised if he is based out east.

Reactions: KYams17

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

I don't know who the guy in the top right corner is, but the fact he voted 1. MacKinnon 2. Panirin and 3. Draisaitl gives me reason to cherish that. What a dunce. I wouldn't be surprised if he is based out east.

for years we heard players need to be on playoff teams in order to be considered an MVP...now that narrative changes
(Rangers wouldn't have a been a playoff team in any other year)

Reactions: Aerchon and TB12

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Leon Draisaitl contract an "overpay" says TSN's Ray Ferraro. Hmm | Edmonton Journal

This Ferraro hot take from 2018 has aged terribly. The whole article is a fun read now with how much has changed for the better since then. I gotta say Staples was really on the money with everything there.
Ferraro has some spectacular misses regarding the Oilers. Last year during the GM search he claimed it would take five years to turn the team around.

He is a Canucks homer.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

That looks like a 2-3lb. pike. I havent fished in Alberta for probably 20+ years but that is far from a trophy although even back then anything over 3lbs. was a decent sized fish and my own personal best was around 5lbs. which is still far from trophy sized.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That looks like a 2-3lb. pike. I havent fished in Alberta for probably 20+ years but that is far from a trophy although even back then anything over 3lbs. was a decent sized fish and my own personal best was around 5lbs. which is still far from trophy sized.
That fish Leon has would be a decent size Walleye but for a Northern its nothing special at all. As a kid I caught many much larger than that. Biggest I ever caught was in the Pembina river while just fooling around waiting for my brother. The Alberta record for Northern pike is 38lbsb y the way.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Trophy?!

Y'all are giggling school girls.

This is what a trophy Northern Pike looks like. These things can be monsters.

Just started the pickerel vs pike vs jackfish debates..

jackfish taste like swamp. You need to down a bottle of jack daniels before eating one.

Whats this dude smiling for. you just caught the most disgusting foul tasting fish found north of catfish. you;re gonna have indigestion for a month, you gotta eat it all, and the dang thing don't fit in the freezer..

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm so surprised that the whole "you gotta make the playoffs" thing is being ignored with Panarin.

Drai is MVP, especially for keeping the team alive while McDavid was less than 100% and missed multiple games.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Chris Johnston, who I respect, said he picked Panarin first, and thinks Draisaitl will have a harder time winning the Hart than the Lindsay because he has McDavid on his team, so can’t really be the most valuable.

I find that horseshit reasoning, to be honest. I’m not sure why, in the last few years, people insist on ignoring how the Hart has been awarded 95% of the time.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Chris Johnston, who I respect, said he picked Panarin first, and thinks Draisaitl will have a harder time winning the Hart than the Lindsay because he has McDavid on his team, so can’t really be the most valuable.

I find that horseshit reasoning, to be honest. I’m not sure why, in the last few years, people insist on ignoring how the Hart has been awarded 95% of the time.
Some of these reporters should go look at the rosters of past winners.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Kucherov had a Norris nominee and vezina winner last year

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

it seems this has only become a narrative since the Oilers drafted McDavid. Oh look who he plays with can’t be the MVP on a team with that guy. But Malkin can win on the same team as Crosby. Kucherov on the same team as Stamkos etc. It all comes back to Eastern bias.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
It is absolutely hilarious how a lot of East "journalists" are trying to downplay Drai. Especially that blimp Joe Haggerty. Why can't these morons do any research? They get paid to do this. Lazy aholes. He keeps talking about =/-, yet did not know Drai was on for 12 EN goals against or was a + 5 on 5 player lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad