Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay & Hart Trophy Winner | Congrats on 500 Career Points!

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Congrats Draisaitl!! Well deserved! Extremely grateful to have such a amazing player on this team!!
I feel we haven't even seen the best of him yet. Having McDavid and Draisaitl on the same team is such a blessing for the Oilers!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Congrats Leon.
Great achievement and a proud moment for german hockey!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

“Oddly, neither New York Rangers nor Toronto Maple Leafs have ever boasted an Art Ross winner. The last Ranger to lead the league in points was Bryan Hextall Sr. (Ron’s grandpa, for goodness sakes) in 1941-42, while Toronto’s drought now stretches to 81 seasons since Gordie Drillon won the pre-Ross scoring title way back in 1937-38. And here we all thought 1967 was a long time ago!

The Oil on the other hand have copped 10 titles in 40 NHL seasons, a tidy 25% conversion rate. “

;)

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
It's amazing how good he is (doubt anyone predicted this), how much he has improved over the last few years, and how much room he still has to grow his game. He has become my favorite player on the Oilers, which is incredible since we also have McDavid. Congrats Leon!

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
What an absolute stud of a player. So glad he's part of our team!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yay for Drai!

As if there was any doubt :)

Kicked the field in the nuts by 13 points. Kuch did it by 12 last year.

Reactions: TB12

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
He's 4th in points since signing the contract, and 1st since the start of 2018-19. Ovechkin is the only player who has scored more goals since October 2018 (99 to 93). I'm not sure even the biggest Draisaitl homer would have predicted this. He just exploded.

And this attitude probably has a lot to do with it:

Leon Draisaitl said:
"You dream of these things, no question, but until you do it, it seems so far away," Draisaitl said Friday. "I'm proud in a way of course but I know that I still have lots of things to work on. ... There's many things in my game I can improve so I am looking to do that every year."

"I think I've always been more of the pass-first type of guy, but I knew early on in my career in the NHL that I have to be a threat to shoot once in a while, too, otherwise I'm too predictable," he said Friday. "It's just something I've worked on constantly during the summer, in season, whenever it was, so it's something I had to put into my game."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad