Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay & Hart Trophy Winner | Congrats on 500 Career Points!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Shoulda done the bridge contract Drai!

tenor.gif

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
I hope all the negative talk about his horrible defense motivates him to play even better next season. As bad as he was at times this season, I can see Drai becoming a tremendous defender in the future.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So glad that he won the Lindsay especially. There's no way the naysayers (idiots?) on the main board can spin this into a negative when his peers vote him as best player.
Well deserved.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So glad that he won the Lindsay especially. There's no way the naysayers (idiots?) on the main board can spin this into a negative when his peers vote him as best player.
Well deserved.

I'll withhold judgement until I see how many Lindsay votes Nichushkin got. If he's not even top 10, then players are definitely all dumb and know nothing about hockey.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

:huh:

Your 2 cents is basically trying to downplay the awards because of the pandemic gap???

Considering Lebrun has, for the past 2 years discredited both McDavid and Draisaitl-even early in the season, he can take his 2 cents and shove it up his ass.

"Not trying to take anything away from the award announcements"

So happy Drai won..

And dafuq is with 24 first place votes for Panarin????

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nice to get the triple. Leon would rather have another cup than all 3 of these. Nice to see the statements from Messier, and its touching because its one player that owes a lot to his coach father announcing the award to another player that had so much from a father coach. Both had a heads up in the what it takes department and a lot of unsung help from their fathers.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Nice to get the triple. Leon would rather have another cup than all 3 of these. Nice to see the statements from Messier, and its touching because its one player that owes a lot to his coach father announcing the award to another player that had so much from a father coach. Both had a heads up in the what it takes department and a lot of unsung help from their fathers.
Also both players making their name in the shadows of the more talked about greats (Wayne, Connor).

Reactions: Oilers 322

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Also both players making their name in the shadows of the more talked about greats (Wayne, Connor).

Yep. Looking forward to a Conn Smythe and a cup at some point down the road. That would make comparisons even more complete. I like that Mess and Drai both being power forwards as well and Mess comments were eloquent, to the point, and summed up the trophy itself pretty well. "You can't fake it, your opponents know, they know who they are lining up against"

That said its kind of funny to see most opponents responses to Leon goals and assists. Its like not even mad, its resigned most of the time. You don't see that too often. You see it a lot when Drai or McD make spectacular plays. Like its a "Can't touch this" response.

This should quiet some of the dunderhead "Leon isn't even good" we see so much from opponent posters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad