Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay & Hart Trophy Winner | Congrats on 500 Career Points!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It is absolutely hilarious how a lot of East "journalists" are trying to downplay Drai. Especially that blimp Joe Haggerty. Why can't these morons do any research? They get paid to do this. Lazy aholes. He keeps talking about =/-, yet did not know Drai was on for 12 EN goals against or was a + 5 on 5 player lol

Haggerty is actually disrespecting his boy Pasta here. Pasta said Drai should win.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Leon should win it fairly easily. Art Ross by a mile, played better than the consensus best player in the league this season. Panarin shouldnt win for the same reasons that Connor didnt against Kucherov last season, open and shut case. That said I agree with Connor, there are always new hurdles and goalposts.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Hopefully Leon wins but I feel like the Hart has lost its meaning over the years. I don’t think people are even using the same criteria to vote. Leon has such a huge gap in points that I don’t understand how another forward can beat him. If anything the only player that I think has a legitimate shot of being most valuable to his team is Hellebuyck and hes not even a candidate because for whatever reason only forwards seem to be considered to be most valuable to your team.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Leon should win it fairly easily. Art Ross by a mile, played better than the consensus best player in the league this season. Panarin shouldnt win for the same reasons that Connor didnt against Kucherov last season, open and shut case. That said I agree with Connor, there are always new hurdles and goalposts.

People also ignore the fact that Shesty came in and went 10-2 with a 0.932 SV% at the end of what became of the RS. Zibby scored 41g in 57 games on a different line. Dunno why people are pretending Panarin was the sole reason for the Rangers getting near the playoffs. Even then they still had a huge hill to climb.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Leon was on pace to finish with the same amount of points as Kucherov last year. He swept the awards because the media was saying what an accomplishment that was, even though he did it on a stacked team. Yet with Draisaitl it’s, he plays with McDavid and a lot of his points came on the PP.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
08395A5B-83D8-48D7-B335-7DC31F4334FE.jpeg

Anyways lol. Drai should win this easily, rangers fans are very annoying lol.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Draisaitl won the Hart according to the Finnish NHL.com page.

NHL:n arvokkaimman pelaajan nimi lipsahti liian aikaisin julki suomen kielellä

The name of the NHL's most valuable player slipped out too soon in Finnish

NHL.com's Finnish-language website announced the winner of the Hart Memorial Trophy too early.

According to NHL.com's Finnish website, Edmonton Oilers striker Leon Draisaitl has won the Hart Memorial Trophy to be awarded to his team's most valuable player. The prize will be awarded based on the regular season.

The winner of the award had not been announced by the North American media in the early evening, but NHL.com's Finnish-language website published the information at 17.07 Finnish time.

The NHL is due to announce the winners of five different awards in the evening off the US East Coast. The broadcast of the award ceremony will start next time at 01.30 Finnish time.

NHL.com's Finnish-language site later deleted its news.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
While he had a pretty amazing season offensively I was sorta hoping he wouldn't win. Just makes the Oilers look even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->