Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl | 19-20 Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, & Hart Trophy Winner

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Zaddy, Apr 14, 2020.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. TB12 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    When I see posts like that it’s just an instant block. Absolutely no clue about hockey, clearly.

perseus and Duke74 like this.
  2. Tobias Kahun Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Westie thinks draisaitl is a top 20 at best NHL player, he's one of those leafs fans that comment on stuff on facebook with less than zero IQ.

Poor guy should be more worried about his hairline than how good Draisaitl is.

Duke74 and Oilhawks like this.
  3. subnet 5-14-6-1

SB Cash:
    $ 62,001
    Very random, I was in a small ciity near Hannover (Barsinghausen) a number of years ago to visit my former German exchange student. We're talking 35,000 or so people. On a walk around the neighborhood, there was a house that had a flagpole. On it was an Edmonton Oilers flag lol - totally random - so I guess what I'm saying is yes, there's more German hockey fans than may be expected which is great! :)

SaltNPeca likes this.
  4. Oilerfan88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Is it me or is he hibernating?

5. AddyTheWrath Marner got 11 mil?!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    None
    He looked a bit gassed yesterday in some shifts but he still made some good defensive plays. I think overall his offense clearly hasn’t been as good as last year but he’s definitely paying more attention on the defensive side of things (back-checking hard, supporting the defense in deep, etc).

6. Broberg Speed Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think he might be playing through a concussion he got in the third period against Winnipeg.

7. Drivesaitl Sophisticated Sophist ;)

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The reality is not much is going for the line in terms of production, EV wise. Leon also intelligent enough to realize that if he holds up the fort in topsix on a line that cost 10M, and outscores, and plays roles on PP and pk he's doing his part. He's saving himself somewhat EV, and working more on GA prevention. Not a bad strategy when your linemates have around a combined 4-5pts over the last 10GP. Putting too much into offense with the present line would be using his energy in less effective way. Leon puts winning over individual glory, and he's still floating while his linemates are struggling.

No question in anycase Leon is earning his pay pretty much every game he plays. His new version of struggling is being valuable defensively, and still finding ways to be PPG.

Every player should have such struggle. ;)

8. Bryanbryoil Win It For Colby & Emily

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Why would he play through one? It would be a bad call by the player and the team to do that.

Duke74 likes this.
  9. Cam98 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Hes playing great two way hockey, hes in a offensive slump. But he still looks usual.

10. McShogun99 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Draisaitl would be the undisputed 1C on almost every team in the league.

TB12 and Drivesaitl like this.
  11. McShogun99 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We have such high expectations for Draisaitl that he quietly has a 3 point night, still 2nd in league scoring and we think he’s slumping.

Debbie Mathers and Drivesaitl like this.
  12. Duke74 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'm not sure what's going on with him. On the one hand, he seems to go through these "lazy" or "tired" periods every year, so if that's the case, hopefully it's just something we'll have to wait through. By the seventh year of his career, you'd think he'd have worked out these kinks in his game. As a 25-year old in the prime shape of his life, he shouldn't be fatigued unless something else is going on with him. Some people have commented on his body language. Maybe now he's annoyed that Connor has the better linemates? If, in fact, he is injured, it might be best for him to take some time off and heal, especially since we've been winning in spite of his minimal contributions.

BTW, I think they took one of his assists away last night so it was only a 2-point night ;)

13. NoSavesFromKosko Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    You guys know drai has 30 points right? He’s fine.

Drivesaitl likes this.
  14. xoczar99ox Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 10,000
    Did you watch the game yesterday and Friday? If by two way you mean he touches the puck then gives it right back or gets the puck and attempts to clear it down the ice but it goes deeper in our own zone then yes he’s playing a great two way game right now.

edit: he’s a hot mess right now. If anybody wants to know what a Leon Draisaitl is going to look like at the tail end of his career...these last couple games is your preview.

15. Broberg Speed Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I believe he's hurting. At least he'll get a few days rest. Our Hart Trophy winner gets slew footed, cracking his head on the ice, and our own fan base doesn't even notice. People wonder why I'm acting crazy. It's because I'm really pissed off.

16. Cam98 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I feel like all you are doing is watching his mistakes and not watching what he does right. Get your blinders off bud.

Drivesaitl likes this.
  17. xoczar99ox Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 10,000
    What he’s doing wrong will cost you games bud. I don’t use blinders thanks, I’m just the teller of hard truths. You might want to pocket your rose tinted glasses though...:thumbu:

18. Delicious Pancakes Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Purple
    Last season through 20 games he had 36 points. Then his 21st game was the one against Colorado where he got 5 assists, and then over the next 22 games he "only" scored 22 points, looked tired and was poor defensively going -29 over that stretch, and the Oilers lost a bunch. Then he shook off that funk and went on to win the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay awards.

This season through 20 games he'd got 30 points. Over the last 9 games since the 6 point game against Ottawa he has 9 points, is +3 and the Oilers are winning. He'll get going soon enough, the good news is that in spite of this relative slump for the most part he's been better defensively than last year. Pretty lucky to have two players who when they're scoring at a P/GP clip it's considered a slump.

19. frag2 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think he just has the same bad habit of not moving his feet. When he's 'struggling' offensively, you'll notice he has a penchant to just glide, wait for the puck to get to him or just reach with his stick rather than skate and move his legs.

20. Wewillrise Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    He definitely is not playing to last seasons standard yet, not that he can’t. His defence is great, power play is normal. So I think it’s most likely just missing having two good wingers that slows him down. IMO he is making to many complicated plays for the quality of his line mates. I still think he hasn’t gone beast mode yet, and no real need to unless they are out of the playoff picture. Fingers crossed Holloway pans out for him

21. Stoneman89 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I didn't realize guys were allowed to "play through" concussions anymore. Docs are pretty over the top careful about that stuff these days.

frag2 and Behind Enemy Lines like this.
  22. Stoneman89 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    People are forgetting he went through this last year as well. Then, Yamo showed up and he took off again. Just a lull where maybe some of the heavy minutes are catching up to him. He'll be fine.

Drivesaitl likes this.
  23. Stoneman89 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    He's waiting for Kahun to catch up and provide some chemistry for the both of them.;)

24. Soundwave Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think when Tippett does the whole "playing McDavid and Draisaitl for the last 4-5 minutes of a game thing" ... that doesn't seem to phase McDavid, but Leon is a normal human being and that stuff seems to catch up to him.

I've noticed this for a couple of years, any time Tippett or a previous coach pushes Leon to the "ridiculous McDavid minutes", like a normal human being it catches up to him and there follows a period of some what lethargic play until he inevitably recharges his batteries and goes back to being regular Leon.

I think you have to be careful with that, just because Connor is superhuman doesn't mean everyone else is.

Bryanbryoil and Duke74 like this.
  25. Cam98 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think you are looking at older games than the last week or so. It's okay, we all get old and don't realize what we are watching :)