Leo!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Leo is awesome. Only comparable guy to me is the guy that used to sing for the Sharks, Dennis Leach. He was another opera baritone who just killed it every time. He used to sit near me during the games and was just as nice of a guy that I tear Leo is

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I believe this makes two all-star games that he has sung "Oh, Canada" at this year.

Now if he could just get the nod to do the Star-Spangled Banner at a major event.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
According to Fox Sports, he'll be singing "God Bless America" at that race.

Yep. The anthem by an Army band and God Bless America by Leo Welsh.

http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/med...er-state-400-race-day-exhibition-flyover.html

The Indy 500 has traditional singers who come back year after year for everything but the Anthem (some would say the status of the "Back Home Again in Indiana" singer is in flux post-Jim Nabors).

Why not Leo?

He's nearby (2 to 2 1/2 hours east of Indianapolis). He's the best anthem singer there is right now.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It also seems like that MLB is allowing him to sing it alone and not with the Canadian Mounties the NHL made him do it with.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Listened to a nice interview with him on 92.3 WCOL Saturday morning.. pretty much confirmed what was in the Dispatch articles.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
I went to the ASG last night. I'd say about 15% of the people shouted LEO! when he was announced, it was noticeable. They did not mention the CBJ, but announced he was from Columbus.

He did a great job as always. We had a bunch of out of staters in our section, everyone was very impressed with Leo.

Then Ciara sang our national anthem and there was an audible groan. She was bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad