Speculation: Leo Komarov

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lol way to blow the suggestion out of proportion. :handclap:

Whats desperate and risky about this idea? Even if you offered him a $1.5Mil deal, pro-rated at game left this season, it would be peanuts.

Very low risk, no assets lost, just some cap room spent which with all the injuries we already carry is totally ok.

Good suggestion IMO and should be explored.

Komarov is rumoured to be making around $3 mil this season nearly Tax free in the KHL.

You're right it would be peanuts for Komarov, so why would he leave his current team, break his contract (even if that were allowed) in order to take a significant pay cut?

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Disagree, how many know the system we play, was already popular in the room, were NHL rookies last year, had 3 GWG, and does not cost us a prospect or pick to acquire?
Everything you said is irrelevant .

Did Komarov know the system when he first played a game for the Leafs? No. How can anyone know if he was liked in the locker room when we're behind a keyboard? I'm sure players wont say they hate another on their team no? All that goes out the window when you play. He was also a 26 year old "rookie" who played high level competition in the KHL. Its not as if he was a 20 year old who played junior. Komarov yes did in fact score 3 game winning goals, but hardly were they of efforts of him saving the game for the Leafs. They were mainly, if I recall when the Leafs were in a blow out and a team came back. Now, thats not saying they don't count but hardly is he a player you want out on the ice to win or tie the game in the dying minutes.

You also seem to ignore that Komarov is 26! He was drafted in 06 and didn't play for the Leafs until 2013 and probably wont come back. He LEFT.He makes too much money and you're having this ridiculous fantasy of him coming back like he's a savior. So no, we wont lose a pick , better yet we lose that player you're gushing over as it is anyways. I'd rather have a player who's committed to playing for the Maple Leafs and not pay a guy for high hit totals.

Gorbo

Sep 3, 2009
wasn't there an article floating around a couple weeks ago that said he'll come back here next season if offered?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
wasn't there an article floating around a couple weeks ago that said he'll come back here next season if offered?

I believe Komarov has said that he may come back to the NHL next season. But remember he'll be a free agent.

Mr Scarface*

Komarov is rumoured to be making around $3 mil this season nearly Tax free in the KHL.

You're right it would be peanuts for Komarov, so why would he leave his current team, break his contract (even if that were allowed) in order to take a significant pay cut?

Won't be doing it definitely. Komy is known as a real smart man too. He is pretty interesting, talks seven languages and is from two differento countrys. Interesting... seen a lot and thought a lot too it seems.
He'll take the cash and only then fly away. Maybe even back to us. He was real fine playing for Carly.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Komarov said he'll want to be back in NHL for next season, if someone accepts him.

Are you sure about that? From what I remember, he was our property the moment he left.

Leafs gave him qualifying offer to keep his rights for this season but he hits UFA age and thus becomes one.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Didn't he score twenty + goals over there while playing on a top line with Malkin during the lockout?

He was a great player and hit anything that moved without taking penalites. I'd give him 2 mill to come back than see how well he could play.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I would rather Komarov over Clarkson. He is a had hitter but even those are technically smart. He did not take to many penalties and if he did they were required or at times where they did not matter much.

Sorely missed, a great role player. Miss this guy.

snizzbone*

Really miss this guy. I hope to god he'll come back to us at some point. He is the perfect combination of useful + pest.

Komarov - McClement - Orr

Greatest 4th line.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I wonder how much he's going to want if he comes back to the NHL next year? I'd like to sign him as I think he's a great checker and agitator, but not sure we'd have the cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad