Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not arguing about that at all, I think it was definitely penalty worthy. Just saying that calling Ghost a star and Komorov a potatoe is a little off.
Not really - Komarov is barely an NHLer at this point in his career, and Ghost is absolutely a young star in this league. All-Star game selections are worthless - there are artificial constraints (1 from each team, etc.), but how many times has anyone said "man that Komarov is a star in this league."

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Not really - Komarov is barely an NHLer at this point in his career, and Ghost is absolutely a young star in this league. All-Star game selections are worthless - there are artificial constraints (1 from each team, etc.), but how many times has anyone said "man that Komarov is a star in this league."

I don't think I would call Ghost a star just yet. Nor would I call Komorov a potatoe. That's the extent of my point.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Ghost has one great year and one good year. He is far better the Komarov, but if keep star player for people like Hedman and Doughty.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
it's not hard to figure out. when they celebrate a team that only ever won cups because of thuggery, when they have human trash running their team like Bobby Clarke (the kind of trash that throws elite players with concussions on the ice, the kind if trash that berates famed coaches with cancer), when they continued to assemble their goon teams right into this decade, and the fans love them for it, it sort of obvious why so many teams are disgusted with the flyers and their fans.

Please name any current Flyer besides Radko Gudas who should be considered a "goon".

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
This is the worst part of his game. His big hits and general peskiness is what we will miss.

Just about every team has that one guy who plays too close to the edge. I'm sure most of us Flyers fans think the same of Gudas, Caps fans with Tom Wilson, etc. The big difference now is that most teams worth a damn are not out searching for multiples of this type anymore, not even the "forever evil to some" Flyers. If any of these guys go over the edge, they should get what they deserve, no questions asked.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It was a bad hit.

Deserving of a suspension. I like Komarov. I don't like seeing hits that could potentially paralyze someone.

I didn't see this as a "show your numbers" situation to draw a penalty.

Reactions: Rebels57

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Should've been 5 and the game.

Because it wasn't, it should be a game at least. I can only imagine if the roles were flipped the outrage.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
League officiating continues to embarrass itself.

Should be a lengthy suspension.
Yep. Flyers/Leafs was pretty bad... How two officials missed this one is beyond me. It wasn’t even borderline, it was as clear and as obvious as any, yet nobody called it. I don’t care that it would have put the Leafs down 2, that type of hit can’t go unpunished.

They missed a clear interference that resulted in a goal against so the whole ‘even up’ bs seemed to be in effect... but you just can’t let that one go.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I wouldn't bother. Same lazy narratives. Clarke, one if the greatest two way forwards of all time = goon. Im guessing Parent was as well eh?
goon? no. he was a coward. he started fights and hid behind his teammates. and whether or not you feel he was a good player or not, doesn't change that he was a revolting human being. pure and utter scum.

typical though. the guy you're praising is pure trash. someone started by talking trash that this is why leaf fans have a bad rep. then you go in to talk about great Bobby Clarke was. the most disgusting person in hockey. and then complain about the "narrative" regarding flyers and their fans. incredible hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Now that I look at it again, it wasn't even much of a push. No wonder he didn't get called.

It's borderline. No suspension or fine necessary.

Komarov is one of the cleanest players in the game.

Also, LOL at people calling Komarov a replacement level player. I guess some people here started watching hockey 2 weeks ago or something because I keep seeing trash opinions.

Reactions: King 88

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia
goon? no. he was a coward. he started fights and hid behind his teammates. and whether or not you feel he was a good player or not, doesn't change that he was a revolting human being. pure and utter scum.

The same could be said for a lot of the stars in this leave that play with even a small edge to their game.

Vertain

Mar 28, 2013
Vermont
I am not sure that is even a hit. I probably need new glasses if the majority of posters think that was some kind of vicious smash into the boards. Looks like the only contact was hand to shoulder and he guided him in.

On the other hand, I am getting pretty long in the tooth, so I have had many opportunities to be wrong in my life, and I could be wrong here too.

Reactions: King 88

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia

typical though. the guy you're praising is pure trash. someone started by talking trash that this is why leaf fans have a bad rep. then you go in to talk about great Bobby Clarke was. the most disgusting person in hockey. and then complain about the "narrative" regarding flyers and their fans. incredible hypocrisy.

Wendell Clark and Darcy Tucker say hi.

Reactions: Amorgus and Spazkat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->