Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Well, he played exactly one more shift (and assisted on the GWG) and then didn't play the rest of the game with an upper body injury, so...it may or may not be a concussion, but it seems a pretty good bet. Either that or a shoulder injury, but the Flyers under Hextall are ridiculously secretive on injuries, so we may not hear anything specific for a while.

Cool, so let's not speculate and try and string a player up based on misinformation created by posters on here.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Definitely boarding, either 2 min or 5 and game because of the result. Supplemental discipline could be fairly minimal though, that play should have been a fairly standard ride in, but for whatever reason Ghost buckled and didn't brace himself

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Refs were brutal as usual.

Most notably there was also a missed interference call that led directly to the Flyers second goal tonight.
Hahaha no, most notably was this play. That "interference" was two guys skating into each other not paying attention

HugoLalumiere

May 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
The officiating in this league this year is an absolute joke.
Not that I have a particular beef with officiating but you saying "this year" is ridiculous. The officiating has been a joke for years, now. And it's been that in pretty much every major sport. WTF! Guys are getting hurt because the babysitters are not giving a f*** and still getting paid for it! Even worse when they're getting paid to rig a game but that's an entirely different discussion.

We have seen an inordinate number of high-scoring games this year, I've been wondering how much the officiating has had a say in those. Maybe none, maybe plenty. Haven't quite been paying attention.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The victim here is irrelevant.

Whether Tom Sestito or Sidney Crosby, Leo Komarov drove another players head into the glass, from behind. It’s indefensible and he should be suspended for it. This type of dangerous hit can’t happen.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I didn't like the hit at all. I was shocked it wasn't called when it happened. But I guess I shouldn't be. I have a hard time figuring out what is and isn't a penalty nowadays.

As a leaf fan, it the NHL wants to suspend him 20 games, that would be perfectly fine with me

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Hahaha no, most notably was this play. That "interference" was two guys skating into each other not paying attention

Sorry but I don't buy that. Gudas didn't see the guy he was facing and skating right towards and then stopped? I call BS.

Especially cause it's Gudas. That directly led to a philly goal and could have been an injury on Komarov cause it was close to a knee on knee.

Hence the payback.

Ghost should visit Radko and thank him for contributing to getting a dirty play from Leo.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Sorry but I don't buy that. Gudas didn't see the guy he was facing and skating right towards and then stopped? I call BS.

Especially cause it's Gudas. That directly led to a philly goal and could have been an injury on Komarov cause it was close to a knee on knee.

Hence the payback.

Ghost should visit Radko and thank him for contributing to getting a dirty play from Leo.
I think you might be the winner in here.. Such detailed analysis and knowledge of hockey . Not to mentioned verdict.. telling everyone where to go and who to see.. Awesome fan IQ. WOW!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hope he would get suspended so we can see someone better in the lineup but I think it's a missed two minute boarding call.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I've seen this kind of thing let go several times this season. It seems they have backed off the boarding calls to replace them with slashing.
The weird thing is that everybody got spooked by Methot losing the tip of his finger on a fluke play last season(somewhat understandably) but if they stay on the slashing calls and ease off on boarding they will end up in the same spot....just the injury will be a player with a broken neck.
Edit:Though obviously calling slashing tighter really shouldn't have an effect on boarding calls anyways.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
If this isnt the type of hit the NHL wants out of the game...

And he probably should be suspended. If that happened to the Leafs, I'd be calling for one

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Awkward position and bad hit, surprised that didn't get called. Ghost put himself in a really bad spot

Hence the payback.

Payback? How the hell in your right mind can you justify Komarov's hit on Ghost? Get your head out of your ass please:help:. I very rarely get upset but when I see a dumb statement like that I have to respond in kind. I have a feeling that deliberate attempt to injure Ghost is going to cost Knmarov. Either by the league or when he faces the Flyers again. If he feels that bad about the Gudas play I hope he has the balls to drop his gloves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad