News Article: Leiweke wants to free up lower level seats for "real" fans

The Brightside

Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
lowering the price of beer, hiring a group of beautiful girls as cheerleaders and create a membership program in which ticket purchasers would benefit from a discount. i think these options could help to have a louder ACC.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Is this the definition of irony or what? Person not realizing he's the exact reason this thread exists.

This thread is absurd. It has nothing to do with me. Its moronic people who feel they should be able to dictate how one behaves while watching a hockey game.

The key points in this thread are:
-You cant just sit down and enjoy a hockey game and be considered a "true fan"
-Only certain posters here know proper way to express you fandom
-Corporations should use their hard earned money to GIVE AWAY tickets
-People with money are jerks

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
lowering the price of beer, hiring a group of beautiful girls as cheerleaders and create a membership program in which ticket purchasers would benefit from a discount. i think these options could help to have a louder ACC.

Or just go to a strip club with cheap beer and leave the hockey games to people who want to watch hockey.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
He can free them up by taking the seats back from the corporations who have been buying them all, or whatever the case is. I for one know, id rather watch a hockey game at home far less distractions, but the games I do go to I don't care to pay a premium price to sit a bit closer. Nose bleeds are still a decent view of the game from all the different rinks i've watched a game in. I'd love to sit lower ball, have a handful of times but paying a couple hundred dollars for it? nah.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This thread is absurd. It has nothing to do with me. Its moronic people who feel they should be able to dictate how one behaves while watching a hockey game.

The other thing I notice is that it seems that a lot, if not all, of those who are complaining about the lower bowl experience were there on someone else's dime. If you're not paying for your tickets, just say thank you and shut up.

The Brightside

Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Or just go to a strip club with cheap beer and leave the hockey games to people who want to watch hockey.

hey how do you think they got the fan base in San Jose? given ppl who could just already enjoyed the game have lived there but it was also the way they promoted their games. you want to change the scenery of the place you need to promote the place differently.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Make the seats cheaper = problem solved. Why aren't I president?

There's only so many of them. Making them cheaper isn't going to solve anything. They need to make them accessible and the best way to do that is by raising the ticket prices by at least 15%. People already pay inflated prices for these tickets on the black-market but there has to be some sort of limit. Best thing to do is cut into the scalpers' pocketbooks, and maybe a few season ticket holders won't renew, thus making more available.

Last edited:

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
The other thing I notice is that it seems that a lot, if not all, of those who are complaining about the lower bowl experience were there on someone else's dime. If you're not paying for your tickets, just say thank you and shut up.

For real, eh? Can you believe these maroons? My uncle's got golds and is taking me to a game waaaaaayyyyy far away in April. I'm already thanking him for that one, and still thanking him for the previous ones!

The ACC is awesome - people who complain about it don't know what they're talking about. I went to Philly to see a Flyers/Bruins game last year. Flyers won 3-1 I think, but man that place was DEAD quiet. And they've got a reputation for being mean and noisy - quite the opposite. Everyone was super-friendly to the people in Boston jerseys as well.

I've high-fived many a stranger in the lower bowl. What I like about the ACC is that there's average joe me, and the guy beside me might be a millionaire - but for those 2.5 hours or so we're nothign more than a couple of Leafs fans who want to see our team win. These "suits" know their hockey. Talk to them. They've likely been going to nearly every single home game since the Gardens. I can imagine getting drunk every game and chanting "GO LEAFS GO" would get tireseome - save that for the playoffs!

People who can't have fun at the ACC probably can't have fun anywhere - buncha whiners!

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009

its just insane

not everyone in those seats are billionaires, a lot of them are just hard working successful people who happen to have the money to be able to afford a couple of seats. and maybe they just don't enjoy jumping up and down screaming. but of course even though their seats cost them hundreds power game they are not true fans to the unwashed masses

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012

I really just want to see ***** in the seats the first TEN DAMN MINUTES OF EVERY PERIOD. Shame on any and everyone for missing that much of the game, honestly the seats behind the benches are empty almost half the game. I don't care how much money you spend or how long the lines are for the bathroom, bring a sneaky leaker, depends or just hold that ****, is such a shame especially when a good loud building could help the guys out if its a close game.

http://www.sneakyleaker.com/uploads/INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad