Leiweke says there will be an NHL season this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004

theoil

Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
I like the last sentence where he says they will form a partnership with the fans. They tried with the players and they rejected it. I believe that is what he meant by a high priority. The players just became less important to the owners.

blamebettman*

lol, now these slimey hucksters want a partnership with the fans. No deal! Take your worthless scabs and your scummy lawyer commish and go jump in a lake.

Jaysfanatic*

blamebettman said:
lol, now these slimey hucksters want a partnership with the fans. No deal! Take your worthless scabs and your scummy lawyer commish and go jump in a lake.

hahaha, atleast the NHL reached out to the Fans, unlike the PA (Mind you some PA members appologized) who had to be reminded to appologize to the fans.....the owners don't need anymore money, but they don't need to lose piles of that money. If you were rich, would you want to lose millions each year over an investment? No, you'd want to find ways to improve your investment so that it MAKES money. If for years you keep losing millions of dollars, one day, you're going to wake up poor, and say hey, why the hell did I waste all my money on ****ing hockey?? That's what the owners want to avoid, what do the players have to avoid? Oh okay, maybe live a little less lavishly, you won't get the glitz and glamour of a movie star, but lets face it, Bryan McCabe, you don't look like a movie star, you're not even extra worthy. Bottom line is, these guys will still have, and make more money than you or I ever will, cap, no cap, linkage no linkage....they certainly aren't going to be paid minimum wage, and that's what these jerks are forgetting, and you, the paying fan are encouraging them to keep being dicks.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
blamebettman said:
I will support the coming NHL season like I haven't supported the NHL since the early '90's. I am eagerly looking forward to it.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
what a joke...how can you form a partnership with the fans if the fans don't know who's going to be on the ice in september. I have season tickets...hey Leiweke...WHO THE F*** AM I GOING TO RE-NEW/NOT RE-NEW MY TICKETS TO SEE...until they actually tell us there "plan", I can't decide what I'm going to do. I'll tell you one thing though, no way im re-newing my tickets if the real players aren't there

It's sick that the NHL's #1 intent is obviously replacements where NHLers can cross. The fact that they brought up that specific charge to the NLRB. Such a joke that the owners and Bettman would rather bring in low level AHL/CHL/ECHLers as NHLers instead of negotiating. What a mistake.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
It's funny how these guys are so eager to form partnerships with the players and fans before forming one amongst themselves that revolves around revenue sharing. These owners only see fans/players as meat. To them, partnership = $$$.

I hope these guys try the impasse route. Does Leiweke think kings fans will not ultimately say to themelves...who are these imposters??? where's palffy? where's norstrom??? where's all the players I once knew???

I yearn for old-time hockey as recently as 1994 and backward. The jets were still in town. The blackhawks and penguins weren't the run-down organizations they've become. The talent of the league wasn't diluted. Offense was at a premium.

If only these stupid owners gave the fans/media what they wanted, they wouldn't have to worry about bickering over a small piece of the pie with the players.

Munchausen

jericholic19 said:
It's funny how these guys are so eager to form partnerships with the players and fans before forming one amongst themselves that revolves around revenue sharing. These owners only see fans/players as meat. To them, partnership = $$$.

I hope these guys try the impasse route. Does Leiweke think kings fans will not ultimately say to themelves...who are these imposters??? where's palffy? where's norstrom??? where's all the players I once knew???

I yearn for old-time hockey as recently as 1994 and backward. The jets were still in town. The blackhawks and penguins weren't the run-down organizations they've become. The talent of the league wasn't diluted. Offense was at a premium.

If only these stupid owners gave the fans/media what they wanted, they wouldn't have to worry about bickering over a small piece of the pie with the players.

Can't say I disagree with ya there, all of it makes sense. I too yearn for pre '95 run and gun hockey (at least it was run and gun compared to what we have now) but times have changed and although I don't trust Bettman knows what he's doing with the on-ice product, I trust he knows what he's doing with the financial aspect of it (although the owners will eventually have to accept the idea of revenue sharing).

All I can hope for is that he gets a viable system, at all costs, for all 30 teams, and then steps down ASAP to let a real hockey head take control of this league and grow it enough so it becomes a dominant and exciting sport once again.

I know it's not likely, but who here can find a better scenario than Gretzky taking the reign as NHL commissioner? The guy is Mr Hockey, I'll trust and follow him wherever he might take hockey. Plus I think it would put an end once and for all to trust issues for all subsequent CBA negotiations.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
The owners want to be partners with the fans? Lets do it. I propose a salary cap on all ticket prices. Including a 24% rollback on all season ticket deposits already made. Hows that for starters Gary?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
JWI19 said:
The owners want to be partners with the fans? Lets do it. I propose a salary cap on all ticket prices. Including a 24% rollback on all season ticket deposits already made. Hows that for starters Gary?

24% rollback? that's not enough. 75% is more acceptable!

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
Wooo Hooo . . . I think that he means that we get to take turns as replacement players.
Hey, some people around here have put more thought into the lockout than it seems the League or the PA have. We (collectively) deserve it!

Personally, I'd like to drive the zamboni.

SPARTAKUS*

mr gib said:
i agree - i'm out - C YA -
That's the best news I heard for long time. And don't let the door hit you on your way out either. bye bye!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad