Value of: Leivo to the Avalanche

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Realistically, what would it take for the Leafs to trade Leivo? He would be a great bargain secondary scoring option for the Avs, and could realistically slot in on the second line with Jost and Kerfoot. It's been reported that Andrighetto is in a boot, so the urgency could be there for Sakic.

With all of the young players knocking at the door step, I could see some futures on the table in the form of picks. Does Nemeth + a 3rd get the conversation started?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
3 assists tonight so he's worth a 2nd round pick again :sarcasm:

Seems like he's finally going to be in the full time lineup. Even if Nylander comes back. So I think that would put any trade talks on hold until we see how that goes. The main goal this whole time was to play him first. Trading was only a secondary option when there was never any room for #1.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Avs really have interest in trading Nemeth? And Leivo really holds this much value despite being a throw in on every other Leafs trade proposal?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Whats with these Leivo proposals? I dont think the leafs were really ever thinking of trading him this offseason. More like actually giving him a fair shot.

Not to mention, he's looked decent so far (even before today's great game). He's also one of the few bigger/heavier players we have, so I dont think they gonna let him go

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I think Leivo has more value to the Leafs than other teams would be willing to offer.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Avs really have interest in trading Nemeth? And Leivo really holds this much value despite being a throw in on every other Leafs trade proposal?
His value is pretty meh. But he has absolutely transformed himself. He went on a crazy diet and improved his skating. He actually made the team out of camp and on the deepest leafs team to date no less. He's worth more to the leafs then other teams. He will be playing with naz and brown on the 3rd line and pp2. Idk he could still flop but not worth trading him especially since he looks good in pre season.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Leivo has more value to the Leafs than other teams would be willing to offer.

Pretty much. The price is probably at least a 2nd and I doubt anyone pays that for a 25 year old unproven scorer. Although crazier things have happened I guess.

Reactions: Dustin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad