Recalled/Assigned: Leivo Recalled

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Babcock decides who to dress, Lou Lam decides who's on the roster. There must be some kind of disconnect between the two.

I would not be shocked
The claiming Griffith and playing him 3 Times and then rewaiving him does make it look like that could be the case
I'm not a huge fan of Corrado myself but I would like to see him play for 10 games just to see if there is anything redeemable about him
I'm more hopeful about Leivo though he does seem to have some good points
Whether he can overcome his problems is the big question

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
yeah I agree but I never said anything about getting rid of Marincin so he would still be here, prime for the picking. I hope Vegas loves the Hyman work ethic it might be the only way we get him away from Matthews

Well, Hyman is exempt from the expansion draft, so you may need to find another way to get your wish.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Current residents. More to come....

15025227_10154769240431912_1738569754504344770_o.jpg

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
stop and think how idiotic it is to believe the Leafs shouldn't call up players because it may derail the Marlies season

Corrado hasn't proven or should i say he hasn't been given the opportunity to prove he is an NHL defenseman , so there's no way to say that a rusty Frankie would be better than every AHL D we have .

Stop and think how idiotic it is to dump assets because you may be hurting your 8th Dmen feelings. Why are his skills detoriating so much while watching games?? Again is this some kind of new phenomenon? How many games out are players irreversibly worse, 10 games, 15? Is there a point of no return that's magically popped up?

Who even says Valiev or Loov are ready to be NHL dmen?? Are they dominating down there the way Leipsic and Kapenen are upfront???

I have never seen it mentioned anywhere these guys have to graduate or either of them are better than Corrado.

If you don't have to touch the Marlies, then you don't. That's not idiotic, Babcock himself has said he does not want guys bouncing back and forth all season, that it hurts their development.

Is there any benefit to dumping Corrado??

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
leivo doesnt beat out any of our wingers right now...even martin, our worst skater skates better than leivo...and for a guy with good size he doesnt play as physical as he should...but he has a good shot and enough skills, so the leafs want to keep him around

Last year when the games mattered most for the Marlies, Leivo was probably one of the top 2 forwards in the playoffs. When it got physical against Albany, he was there & was one of the players that didn't take any ****. He played a physical 2 way game & was producing points. Management did take note.

Add his 5 goals during the short call up last spring & he's a player the Leafs would be foolish to not get a good solid look at. 30-40 games, put in good situations should be on the menu.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
1 or 2 games to get up to speed after sitting out that long is extremely optimistic , he'd probably take 5 plus game and even then what is he going to give you ?

who gives a damn how the Marlies do , they only exist to develop players for the Leafs

also Corrado makes the same in the AHL as he would in the NHL

isn't that an oxymoron?

as we're working on development - they better they perform is the better we can assess what we've got. Which makes it easier to make trades and the like, and for those who stays, they are in a championship atmosphere so when they make the Playoffs in the NHL - it's old hat.

a HUGE chunk of Tampa's team now - was part of the championship team in the AHL - with Cooper. and that's partially why Cooper rides "his" guys hard in the playoffs. They're aces - but he's already been to war with them.

so I think we should give a damn how they do.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
isn't that an oxymoron?

as we're working on development - they better they perform is the better we can assess what we've got. Which makes it easier to make trades and the like, and for those who stays, they are in a championship atmosphere so when they make the Playoffs in the NHL - it's old hat.

a HUGE chunk of Tampa's team now - was part of the championship team in the AHL - with Cooper. and that's partially why Cooper rides "his" guys hard in the playoffs. They're aces - but he's already been to war with them.

Exactly. Leafs have 14 NHL/AHL dmen in the organization for 12 spots. Dermott is hurt, Hunwick has been banged up. Other injuries will be inevitable, so I'm not sure why some posters are so anxious to show Frankie the door. I don't think anyone wants to see 2 or 3 of Doherty, Jutzi, Wrenn in0 there for the Marlies at the same time.

That does nothing to help what is still a championship caliber team.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
at this point you dont care about his production in the A...hes old enough, he needs to make the league

after a great start, its not like sosh has been that good lately...hes gonna be practicing with the team, if he doesnt earn a look soon on the 4th line, he might be gone, he has to impress too if he makes it

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Letter to Leivo and Corrado:

Uh yeah guys you are never going to play but we can't get rid of you in case we need you to not play.

Keep working hard in practice though. I hear you own it. Wouldn't be a practice without you. I hear you guys are the first on the ice. I'd like to see you improve on that though. Maybe get there ahead of yourselves next time. That will show dedication. Keep training hard.

We are trying to trade you. I'm waiting for the zero interest to pick up. I thought I heard someone say Corrado at the GMs meeting a little while ago. They may have just said tacos. I'm not sure. Mmmmm tacos. Sounds like a good supper. Not for you guys though, keep training hard. To not play.

Management

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Stop and think how idiotic it is to dump assets because you may be hurting your 8th Dmen feelings. Why are his skills detoriating so much while watching games?? Again is this some kind of new phenomenon? How many games out are players irreversibly worse, 10 games, 15? Is there a point of no return that's magically popped up?

Who even says Valiev or Loov are ready to be NHL dmen?? Are they dominating down there the way Leipsic and Kapenen are upfront???

I have never seen it mentioned anywhere these guys have to graduate or either of them are better than Corrado.

If you don't have to touch the Marlies, then you don't. That's not idiotic, Babcock himself has said he does not want guys bouncing back and forth all season, that it hurts their development.

Is there any benefit to dumping Corrado??

When did i say i wanted to dump Corrado before giving him a shot to prove himself ?

and how valuable an asset do you think he is when you take into account we aquired him off waivers and he can't even crack the lineup of our **** poor D ?

overall the majority of your post is arguing against things you made up considering i never posted much of things you're are ranting about

isn't that an oxymoron?

my point wasn't that i didn't care how our prospects played on the farm , my point was i didn't care how promoting prospects that were progressing well and ready for the NHL affected the Marlies

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Uh yeah guys you are never going to play but we can't get rid of you in case we need you to not play.

Keep working hard in practice though. I hear you own it. Wouldn't be a practice without you. I hear you guys are the first on the ice. I'd like to see you improve on that though. Maybe get there ahead of yourselves next time. That will show dedication. Keep training hard.

We are trying to trade you. I'm waiting for the zero interest to pick up. I thought I heard someone say Corrado at the GMs meeting a little while ago. They may have just said tacos. I'm not sure. Mmmmm tacos. Sounds like a good supper. Not for you guys though, keep training hard. To not play.

Management

That's about it!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Management

:laugh::laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
my point wasn't that i didn't care how our prospects played on the farm , my point was i didn't care how promoting prospects that were progressing well and ready for the NHL affected the Marlies

Sorry, I mis-read.

so. to answer that. Because the Organization flat out said that they don't want to yo-yo players. So it's not just about being ready - it's about leaving zero question that it's time for them to be up. so it's not so much about "progressing well" it's about being amazing.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Sorry, I mis-read.

so. to answer that. Because the Organization flat out said that they don't want to yo-yo players. So it's not just about being ready - it's about leaving zero question that it's time for them to be up. so it's not so much about "progressing well" it's about being amazing.

Daisy you're still kind of missing my point .

I'm not saying we should/shouldn't promote someone at this time , i'm just saying if a player deserves promotion and naturally if he fills a need he should be called up regardless of how it affects the Marlies .

now this being said , the facts are there's only so many players we can have under contract as well as spots for them to play so if we don't start giving the odd one a shot with the Leafs we'll lose them before we even give them a chance to prove themselves

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Daisy you're still kind of missing my point .

I'm not saying we should/shouldn't promote someone at this time , i'm just saying if a player deserves promotion and naturally if he fills a need he should be called up regardless of how it affects the Marlies .

now this being said , the facts are there's only so many players we can have under contract as well as spots for them to play so if we don't start giving the odd one a shot with the Leafs we'll lose them before we even give them a chance to prove themselves

I don't get to watch the Marlies, but i have not seen it written anywhere, or anyone mention that Loov or Valiev are too good for the AHL.

Maybe they are playing as well as Kappy or Leipsic and are more than ready, but if they are not, it does not make sense to rush them, especially considering the avg age of our current group of NHLers.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Exactly. Leafs have 14 NHL/AHL dmen in the organization for 12 spots. Dermott is hurt, Hunwick has been banged up. Other injuries will be inevitable, so I'm not sure why some posters are so anxious to show Frankie the door. I don't think anyone wants to see 2 or 3 of Doherty, Jutzi, Wrenn in0 there for the Marlies at the same time.

That does nothing to help what is still a championship caliber team.

other poster's point was if the leafs need to bring up a player they will do it, the marlies do not come before the leafs. If the leafs need a d man and it leaves the Marlies with only 5 dmen they still bring up the d man. They are not going to let the NHL team and the fans who pay a fortune play short players or subpar players because the marlies

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
other poster's point was if the leafs need to bring up a player they will do it, the marlies do not come before the leafs. If the leafs need a d man and it leaves the Marlies with only 5 dmen they still bring up the d man. They are not going to let the NHL team and the fans who pay a fortune play short players or subpar players because the marlies

What does the height have to do with anything?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I don't get to watch the Marlies, but i have not seen it written anywhere, or anyone mention that Loov or Valiev are too good for the AHL.

Maybe they are playing as well as Kappy or Leipsic and are more than ready, but if they are not, it does not make sense to rush them, especially considering the avg age of our current group of NHLers.
Imo Valiev is ready to step up. Lööv is borderline for me. I love Lööv but he just puts himself out of position a little which in the nhl could be fatal.
Neither is too good for the ahl because that to me would mean they would step into the nhl and have an immediate impact. They will have to adjust qhen/if they are called up.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Imo Valiev is ready to step up. Lööv is borderline for me. I love Lööv but he just puts himself out of position a little which in the nhl could be fatal.
Neither is too good for the ahl because that to me would mean they would step into the nhl and have an immediate impact. They will have to adjust qhen/if they are called up.

I agree, Valiev will be up if we trade a d man or 2 at the deadline (not convinced we will though) he looked pretty good in his 10 games last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->