Recalled/Assigned: Leivo Recalled

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
I have not seen one poster upset about Holland in the press box because he had more than his chance to show something (in saying that I prefer him to smith, but its the 4th line who cares) Corrado hasn't been given a chance to show anything that is the problem. We have 4 very very average d men fighting for the last 2 spots in the lineup (Polak, hunwick, Marincin & Corrado) none of these guys is miles better than the next so when a pair of players is getting the 2 spots because they are "older" that is when people have a problem.

Marincin seems in babs doghouse but at least he got a chance to live in the real house, corrado got here and it was "dog house is over there son"
Corrado is our worst nhl hockey player.

He belongs in the press box.

Last time we gave him a chance, he played horrible. So we sent him back there.

He may still hold value. Couple injuries happen, maybe he'll get a chance.

He doesn't deserve more then that. He is still a professional athlete getting paid to do nothing. Leafs provide him with a decent living. I do not feel sorry for him.. I am actually quite jealous of him.

Would y'all be happy if he got waived from his favourite team to go sit in a press box for some other team? Do u think he would? Remember we have one of the worst d in the league so that is likely what happens.

Corrado needs to do more with the few chances he gets. If he doesn't.. It's nobodies fault but his own he wasn't good enough for the nhl.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Corrado is our worst nhl hockey player.

He belongs in the press box.

Last time we gave him a chance, he played horrible. So we sent him back there.

He may still hold value. Couple injuries happen, maybe he'll get a chance.

He doesn't deserve more then that. He is still a professional athlete getting paid to do nothing. Leafs provide him with a decent living. I do not feel sorry for him.. I am actually quite jealous of him.

Would y'all be happy if he got waived from his favourite team to go sit in a press box for some other team? Do u think he would? Remember we have one of the worst d in the league so that is likely what happens.

Corrado needs to do more with the few chances he gets. If he doesn't.. It's nobodies fault but his own he wasn't good enough for the nhl.

if he belongs in the press box then why have him as your number 8 dman try someone else who is older but more stable. He got one game where I don't think he was even the worst dman, Do people think practice is the same intensity as a NHL game? The players aren't trying to run you through the boards at practice. A lot of practice is skating and passing drills with maybe a 1 on1 battle or 1 on 2 battle at the end that isn't a game. Match/Game fitness is a thing you can be fit but to get up to game speed you need to play games. games not game

edit: I would love to be put on waivers and maybe that team can use me so I can show my value. If babs sees no value who gives a **** doesn't mean he is worthless. Ben Smith the possession black hole is worse than corrado but a forward. I think Corrado is better player than Polak but lucky for Polak no one else in the Dcore can play physical and he gets to keep his job

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
if he belongs in the press box then why have him as your number 8 dman try someone else who is older but more stable. He got one game where I don't think he was even the worst dman, Do people think practice is the same intensity as a NHL game? The players aren't trying to run you through the boards at practice. A lot of practice is skating and passing drills with maybe a 1 on1 battle or 1 on 2 battle at the end that isn't a game. Match/Game fitness is a thing you can be fit but to get up to game speed you need to play games. games not game

edit: I would love to be put on waivers and maybe that team can use me so I can show my value. If babs sees no value who gives a **** doesn't mean he is worthless. Ben Smith the possession black hole is worse than corrado but a forward. I think Corrado is better player than Polak but lucky for Polak no one else in the Dcore can play physical and he gets to keep his job

Because he's an 8th Dmen, this isn't a video game where we can dump Frankie for a 7th and pick up some 30 year old FA Dman.

The team gives a ****, he like every other sub out there is an injury replacement.

Go start a support group or something for these poor under used professional athletes if you want.

They want him on the team in case of injuries, they don't think he's a better player then Carrick, this isn't some big conspiracy or riddle.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"Alright Lou, thanks for sending the paperwork on the Leivo callup, but you'll need to make another roster mo-"

"Hes injured"

"Wha- Who is?"

"Josh Leivo. Gonna need some practices."

"What do you mean, he just played AHL ga-... did you just send me IR papers?"

*Phone Clicks*

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Because he's an 8th Dmen, this isn't a video game where we can dump Frankie for a 7th and pick up some 30 year old FA Dman.

The team gives a ****, he like every other sub out there is an injury replacement.

Go start a support group or something for these poor under used professional athletes if you want.

ok dump him for a 7th. Call up any D man in the system, someone in the ECHL he wont play so give someone a nhl paycheck for a few months. a 23 year old Dman who was regularly on the canucks before getting waived, and canuck fans were pissed he was waived, can go somewhere and grow as a player. Babcock doesn't like him fine but it isn't a vet happy to sit and make a paycheck.

Also of course you could find some 30 UFA dman to sign to be a 7th/8th dman they are worthless, what a weird reference to a video game that is. In a video game you trade for Mcdavid with lots of bit pieces I don't know anyone dumping players for 7ths and signing ufas. If Corrado is as bad as you say he is dump him and go another direction.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
"Alright Lou, thanks for sending the paperwork on the Leivo callup, but you'll need to make another roster mo-"

"Hes injured"

"Wha- Who is?"

"Josh Leivo. Gonna need some practices."

"What do you mean, he just played AHL ga-... did you just send me IR papers?"

*Phone Clicks*

Seemed sketch lol.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
why would you believe that?
that's like believing that silly rumour that Babcock wanted Hanifin and Hunter wanted Mitch, and then Babcock taking it out on Mitch by not playing him because there's a disconnect and not his guy.

i don't know why people are throwing this disconnect thing out there.

tl be fair - that Babcock to Hanifin rumor was reported/ discussed by some reporters who I feel are pretty credible - ie Mirtle and Siegel. I don't believe for a 2nd that he would have taken anything out on Mitch as a result, but not outlandish to suggest coach preferring a potential #1 D man over a winger as a building block.

I do feel there is at least a bit of a disconnect over certain (though minor) things. Take for example the last waiver pickup of Griffen. Babcock clearly didn't have a single interest in giving him any icetime. I also can't imagine the Leafs stats guys are thrilled over his use of a guy like Smith.

There are just some players that Babcock doesn't like - ie Panik and maybe Leivo can be added to it.

Overall I doubt there's anything to worry about - I doubt there's any management group that's 100% on board together on every move.

Last edited:

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
ok dump him for a 7th. Call up any D man in the system, someone in the ECHL he wont play so give someone a nhl paycheck for a few months. a 23 year old Dman who was regularly on the canucks before getting waived, and canuck fans were pissed he was waived, can go somewhere and grow as a player. Babcock doesn't like him fine but it isn't a vet happy to sit and make a paycheck.

Also of course you could find some 30 UFA dman to sign to be a 7th/8th dman they are worthless, what a weird reference to a video game that is. In a video game you trade for Mcdavid with lots of bit pieces I don't know anyone dumping players for 7ths and signing ufas. If Corrado is as bad as you say he is dump him and go another direction.

INJURIES HAPPEN!!!

p.s. by your definition of playing regularly Frankie needs to play like 1 more game to be on pace to play "regularly" this season, seeing as he played a grand total of....... 25 games over the course of two seasons. How were they ever able to replace him???? Maybe that's why they are so bad now, because they desperately need those 12.5 games of Frankie back on the roster!!

In a video game you dump a Holland or a Leivo or a Hunwick for a 7th, then sign some guy that's as good or better sitting there as a UFA. In the real world players don't just dump their spare players for ****s and giggles as they are practicing with the team every day, know the systems and are the best alternative to fill in when injuries inevitably occur.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
INJURIES HAPPEN!!!

p.s. by your definition of playing regularly Frankie needs to play like 1 more game to be on pace to play "regularly" this season, seeing as he played a grand total of....... 25 games over the course of two seasons. How were they ever able to replace him???? Maybe that's why they are so bad now, because they desperately need those 12.5 games of Frankie back on the roster!!

In a video game you dump a Holland or a Leivo or a Hunwick for a 7th, then sign some guy that's as good or better sitting there as a UFA. In the real world players don't just dump their spare players for ****s and giggles as they are practicing with the team every day, know the systems and are the best alternative to fill in when injuries inevitably occur.

hang on we have the same argument? he is useless why bother wasting a roster spot on him. I think he is good babs doesn't so move on keep marincin for injury reserve then dip into the marlies specifically Valiev. This is when we have 2 injuries on D at the same time of course. in the bolded you point out 25 games in 2 years how can we know what we have when he isnt given a chance, and dont say he played 1 game a couple of games ago that is nothing if you aren't allowed to build off it.

Anyway after you reply to this i am done, other posters are probably sick of this, you are happy with corrado where he is i am not end of, no big deal

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
hang on we have the same argument? he is useless why bother wasting a roster spot on him. I think he is good babs doesn't so move on keep marincin for injury reserve then dip into the marlies specifically Valiev. This is when we have 2 injuries on D at the same time of course. in the bolded you point out 25 games in 2 years how can we know what we have when he isnt given a chance, and dont say he played 1 game a couple of games ago that is nothing if you aren't allowed to build off it.

Anyway after you reply to this i am done, other posters are probably sick of this, you are happy with corrado where he is i am not end of, no big deal

This is frustrating. You claimed Frankie was a regular on the Nucks. He played 15 games for them 1 season, and 10 in another. So if that counts as "regular" he's not far off that pace.

Marlies are already playing a scrub in their top 6. You want to give Frankie away to get his chance at glory somewhere else, have Marincin as the 7th. You know sometimes a guy has an injury, then someone gets the flu, maybe a couple guys get the flu. All of the sudden Loov and Valiev are up cause you going on a roadie and need to carry 7. I'm not making this stuff up, as crazy as it sounds a team has had more then injury/ailment at once!! Hard to believe.

So in this scenario the Marlies are dressing 3 guys who have no business being in the AHL for a 2 or 3 week run.

So why get rid of Frankie? I asked this before without reply. Is there any actual benefit to the Toronto Maple Leafs????????

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
tl be fair - that Babcock to Hanifin rumor was reported/ discussed by some reporters who I feel are pretty credible - ie Mirtle and Siegel. I don't believe for a 2nd that he would have taken anything out on Mitch as a result, but not outlandish to suggest coach preferring a potential #1 D man over a winger as a building block.

I do feel there is at least a bit of a disconnect over certain (though minor) things. Take for example the last waiver pickup of Griffen. Babcock clearly didn't have a single interest in giving him any icetime. I also can't imagine the Leafs stats guys are thrilled over his use of a guy like Smith.

There are just some players that Babcock doesn't like - ie Panik and maybe Leivo can be added to it.

Overall I doubt there's anything to worry about - I doubt there's any management group that's 100% on board together on every move.

Well said

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->