Leivo Holland

Reilly Zaitsev
Gardiner Carrick
Marincin Polak
Hunwick Corrado

Andersen
Enroth

Who is going down?

Considering his "usage" so far, I'm going to venture a guess that Corrado will be waived. Also might waive/trade Holland for a conditional pick.

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
JVR Bozak Marner
Komarov Kadri Brown
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Martin Smith Soshnikov
Leivo Holland

Reilly Zaitsev
Gardiner Carrick
Marincin Polak
Hunwick Corrado

Andersen
Enroth

Who is going down?

Don't you know; Lou will send Player X to Robidas Island.

Send Corrado for a conditioning stint after twisting his fingers.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I imagine they could start to make use of a couple 'conditioning stints' that could essentially buy them another month.

Corrado and Holland come to mind.

Then make a decision in the New Year.

willyjones

May 30, 2013
If nylander slots back with kadri and komarov I could see leivo and Hyman (unfortunately) with Matthews. Leivo is a shoot first player though so not sure how that would work...

Who gets waived?? Corrado smith or Holland??

Can they send corrado on a conditioning stint?

Personally I hope they keep Holland over smith. Just my opinion though

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I imagine they could start to make use of a couple 'conditioning stints' that could essentially buy them another month.

Corrado and Holland come to mind.

Then make a decision in the New Year.

What's the deal with these stints. Wouldn't the NHL say, well, hmmm, it was your choice to not use the player for x number of games. Doesn't there need to be some 'legitimate' kind of reason that they couldn't play in order for the team to send them for conditioning.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
What's the deal with these stints. Wouldn't the NHL say, well, hmmm, it was your choice to not use the player for x number of games. Doesn't there need to be some 'legitimate' kind of reason that they couldn't play in order for the team to send them for conditioning.

You are right. Usually an injury is involved for a conditioning stint.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I expect the Leafs to make some moves today. Soshnikov was sent down to accomodate the move but I don't expect him to stay there.

I could see Leivo going back on waivers, or perhaps even Corrado.

Very small chance of a trade.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
You are right. Usually an injury is involved for a conditioning stint.

I was just wondering.

So, then, there's a trade, or a waive, or someone has to go down (one of the waiver exempt guys).

Hmm, interesting times!!!

Edit: nevermind, I didn't see SprDave's post until after mine.

Okay, they are back down to 23 players with Sosh sent down.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Bernier went on a conditioning stint last season for no other reason other than that he sucked in the NHL for an extended period of time.

Ottawa tried to send Hammond on a conditioning stint a couple days ago, for no other reason than the fact that they had 3 goalies. When he declined (his contract gives him the right) they waived him. Clearly the stint would have been to delay waiving him as long as possible.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I expect the Leafs to make some moves today. Soshnikov was sent down to accomodate the move but I don't expect him to stay there.

source? There hasn't been any report of that, Mirtle said a corresponding move would be made today.

Sosh not being on the roster on the Leafs site doesn't count, he hasn't been there yet this year. That had been a talking point for a while

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm

Sosh has been sent down?

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Bernier went on a conditioning stint last season for no other reason other than that he sucked in the NHL for an extended period of time.

Ottawa tried to send Hammond on a conditioning stint a couple days ago, for no other reason than the fact that they had 3 goalies. When he declined (his contract gives him the right) they waived him. Clearly the stint would have been to delay waiving him as long as possible.

Hmmm, great point, I remember that well, but, I'd forgotten about it.

Could there be a some different conditioning stint rules for goalies than skaters would be a follow-up question.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No sosh for some reason has never been listed on the leafs site roster, no idea why but he was never added. He hasn't been sent down yet, seems like the obvious move though even though he is ready

Mad Brills*

They're waiting for injuries to hit, which hasn't happened yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad