lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
Sort of off topic......but

I have Nurminen in my fantasy pool. Should I try and trade him since as early as next year (if it happens) Lehtonen will be the #1.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
I feel that he is a great goalie BUT its too early to predict him being an allstar. He definately is a top end goalie prospect, ready to play in the NHL and make a name for himself.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
I feel that he is a great goalie BUT its too early to predict him being an allstar. He definately is a top end goalie prospect, ready to play in the NHL and make a name for himself.

Only the number one player in the world not in the NHL for the past two years.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Spetzky said:
'cause brodeur is catching up...

True dat. Its not that hard though when you have a shut down defence and play 70 games a year. Though he would be great anywhere, he would not have the same numbers if he were playing for a team that actually plays to win and not playing to not lose.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
thrashers=cup05 said:
True dat. Its not that hard though when you have a shut down defence and play 70 games a year. Though he would be great anywhere, he would not have the same numbers if he were playing for a team that actually plays to win and not playing to not lose.
That's bs right there. I'm not a big fan of the trap but to try and diminish what NJ has done is pretty sad. There's obviously something special there as numerous trapping teams like the panthers, wild, sabres, caps have failed. NJ plays to win and they do win, and Brodeur will go down as the best goalie of all time.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dark Metamorphosis said:
There's obviously something special there as numerous trapping teams like the panthers, wild, sabres, caps have failed
It's called a $60 Million Payroll, and Scott Stevens.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Moskau said:
It's called a $60 Million Payroll, and Scott Stevens.
1st cup - payroll about 20 mill
2nd cup - payroll about 35 mill
3rd cup - payroll about 50 mill

what are you talking about exactly?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dark Metamorphosis said:
1st cup - payroll about 20 mill
2nd cup - payroll about 35 mill
3rd cup - payroll about 50 mill

what are you talking about exactly?
Ohh I wasn't talking about cups. I was talking about winning last year. You named off bad teams, I just assumed.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Moskau said:
Ohh I wasn't talking about cups. I was talking about winning last year. You named off bad teams, I just assumed.
no i was talking about trapping teams from the past, like the '96 panthers, or '98 caps, or '99 sabres, or current wild.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dark Metamorphosis said:
no i was talking about trapping teams from the past, like the '96 panthers, or '98 caps, or '99 sabres, or current wild.
Testament to New Jersey's superior drafting skills.

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Patrick - Flames Fan said:

Exactly....he played very well in his first 5 games...but they are still 5 games. He should be a terrific goalie, but saying he'll be a 10 time all-star or beat Roy's records is jumping the gun.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Rowsdower said:
Exactly....he played very well in his first 5 games...but they are still 5 games. He should be a terrific goalie, but saying he'll be a 10 time all-star or beat Roy's records is jumping the gun.

I agree... He could, for example blow out his knee and never be the same again (knocks on wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad