Lehtera and powdery substances

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'd like to hear more about this honestly. I doesn't seem like he dis more than own a property where bad stuff happened. Where in Philly that m8ght make him eligible for civil forfeiture i don't think its that big a deal

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
I'd like to hear more about this honestly. I doesn't seem like he dis more than own a property where bad stuff happened. Where in Philly that m8ght make him eligible for civil forfeiture i don't think its that big a deal

I was in the press box tonight. I couldn’t tell if he had any signs of worry, but he was looking around more than the other scratches. He was definitely chatting with Weal a lot, but not sure what it would be about. I’d say that if it was serious trouble he wouldn’t of been at the game. I assume, he would of been sent home.

mokom

Feb 1, 2011
According to this article (in Finnish) MTV: NHL-pelaaja Jori Lehterä sai syytteen suuressa huumevyyhdissä the district prosecutor is not allowed to say what Lehtera is being charged with. He confirms that there is a narcotics case and Lehtera is one of the 23 accused. Apparently the narcotics ring has sold three kilos of cocaine and made a profit of 400 000 to 450 000 euros. Lehtera has denied all accusations. Some media in US has interviewed Lehtera's lawyer who says that Lehtera is not really part of the distribution ring and Jori only plays a small part in the whole case.

So I think we just have to wait. Hopefully he is playing somewhere else sooner rather than late.

Last edited:
Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

You'll have to wait until January I guess when Lehtera's personal charges will be up in the court, unless the nature of Lehtera's participation in the ring becomes out as somehow relevant in the Dec 31st court proceedings of the main culprits. The matter becomes public only when it goes to the court.

The press will be all over it obviously, but at this point before the trial everything's non-public as those charged with crimes are preparing their defences.

But if one wants to speculate and make educated guesses in the meanwhile, I posted the translated Section 50:1 of the Finnish Criminal Code to the main board thread, which I believe (from the bit hazy reporting) to be the specific Section Lehtera is charged for.

Last edited:

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Prosecuted, hasnt been to court yet. The guy has a right to plead his case without losing his job if he is innocent.

He is a terrible ice hockey player, but he is still a human being. Some of you are quite frankly being dicks.

He could lose his job tomorrow and have enough to live a long and comfortable life. And even being close enough to a situation like this would get most people let go, it's how the world works.

aceman80

Sep 13, 2013
Update.
Charged with buying 8g of coke last summer. Prosecuter seeking for 5 months behind the bars.
Hearing next tuesday,judge expecting that he will be present but they have been unable to summon him. Court is trying summon him through international channels.

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
Update.
Charged with buying 8g of coke last summer. Prosecuter seeking for 5 months behind the bars.
That's a ridiculous punishment for possession of such a small amount given that the finnish justice system is notoriously lenient. Years ago I got caught with 5 grams of hash on me and got a small fine. And yeah I know that it's just what the prosecutor demands and Lehterä most likely won't see the big house.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The most obvious reasons.
You are working in the juriciary system. I was myself for the shortest of time, and the young lawyers going through the court training noted to me that the first thing they learn is the going street prices of various substances.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Update.
Hearing next tuesday,judge expecting that he will be present but they have been unable to summon him. Court is trying summon him through international channels.

I would guess they're trying to organize his hearing through a teleconnection. International summons is a matter of weeks or rather months, not done in a couple of days.

Rantsi

Feb 6, 2009
That's a ridiculous punishment for possession of such a small amount given that the finnish justice system is notoriously lenient. Years ago I got caught with 5 grams of hash on me and got a small fine. And yeah I know that it's just what the prosecutor demands and Lehterä most likely won't see the big house.

Well, it would be only a suspended sentence. A finnish pop singer got 10 months for possessing crystal meth and dealing it to his friends for free (108 grams in total in 3,5 years). The prosecutor's demand was 1,5 years.

Oh, and that wasn't his first sentence. He got a fine earlier for driving a car under the influence of drugs.

Last edited:

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
8g, better connection than 5g, ergo Jori > AT&T, Verizon, and all the other telecoms.

This is what everyone is talking about, yes?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Regardless of how this plays out...I still think it is strange that he is still with the team and not taking a leave of absence.
This 100% I don’t get, even if nothing really comes about this, at the very least it’s a distraction

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad