Lehner, J. Gibson, J. Allen, Enroth info

Jimbone

Aug 1, 2010
Boston
Hey guys,

I've looked at a lot of the "top goalie" threads but can't find what I'm looking for with the group of guys I'm comparing.
Could you guys throw down some info and rank them.

Thanks!

Lehner
Enroth
J. Gibson
J. Allen

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
lehner: he is likely the best of the bunch that could really be a part of a young upcoming team in ottawa going forward.....I would imagine he will play some this upcoming season but he likely shares duties with anderson or takes the starters role in 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 IMO.....great talent....he needs to mature some more

enroth: he will be the understudy for miller for a few more years but I think Miller will eventually get dealt and enroth will take over...he is going to be great and IMO he is ready for an increased role this year and could be the sabres starter in 2 or 3 or 4 years

allen: highly touted but with Halak in St. Louis I would guess that allen doesn't crack the nhl lineup as a back up for another 3 or 4 or 5 years

gibson: error.....I Know nothing of the guy....

hope that helps ya....

Last edited:

member 30781

lehner: he is likely the best of the bunch that could really be a part of a young upcoming team in ottawa going forward.....I would imagine he will play some this upcoming season but he likely shares duties with anderson or takes the starters role in 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 IMO.....great talent....he needs to mature some more

enroth: he will be the understudy for miller for a few more years but I think Miller will eventually get dealt and enroth will take over...he is going to be great and IMO he is ready for an increased role this year and could be the sabres starter in 2 or 3 or 4 years

allen: highly touted but with Halak in St. Louis I would guess that allen doesn't crack the nhl lineup as a back up for another 3 or 4 or 5 years

gibson: has thomas and a young rask ahead of him......he is young, american and has lots of talent and has been compared to jack campbell a prospect a bit older......my guess is that thomas plays next season in boston and then gets dealt to make room for rask.......

hope that helps ya....

First bolded part is ludicrous. Miller won't get dealt. Enroth is currently an RFA and it is very possible that he gets traded in the next few weeks. Highly doubt he gets promoted to the starting job in Buffalo as long as Miller is there.

2nd bolded part is just completely false. Gibson was selected by Anaheim, not Boston.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Lehner will be the starter for the B-Sens this year to allow him to get a lot of ice time. Injuries may provide him some opportunities in Ottawa, but look for him to start 50 games in Bingo.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
First bolded part is ludicrous. Miller won't get dealt. Enroth is currently an RFA and it is very possible that he gets traded in the next few weeks. Highly doubt he gets promoted to the starting job in Buffalo as long as Miller is there.

2nd bolded part is just completely false. Gibson was selected by Anaheim, not Boston.

as I said miller will likely get traded.....he is 31 after all.....enroth won't be traded by the sabres...the sabres are going to make a run at the cup in the next three years and IMO at some point miller will be dealt and enroth will be the starter after that.

gibson.....I knew nothing of the guy so I google him and I came up with a website about the bruins....however I did not look closely enough and it was Bruins "draft watch" so ya I was wrong there.....my sincere apologies to the OP:sarcasm:

member 30781

as I said miller will likely get traded.....he is 31 after all.....enroth won't be traded by the sabres...the sabres are going to make a run at the cup in the next three years and IMO at some point miller will be dealt and enroth will be the starter after that.

gibson.....I knew nothing of the guy so I google him and I came up with a website about the bruins....however I did not look closely enough and it was Bruins "draft watch" so ya I was wrong there.....my sincere apologies to the OP:sarcasm:

Only on HF is anyone over the age of 30 considered "ancient"....

11Owen

Thanks, Feaster
Jun 3, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Enroth will definitely see his fair share of games during the regular season. I'd say around 22 games. He's very technically sound and confident and could end up being the best of this group if he gets to be a #1 either in Buffalo or elsewhere.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Lehner is #1, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Sens fan. He will get 40-50 starts in Bingo. Then maybe 5-10 in Ottawa because of injuries to Anderson. He will also probably be in Bingo in 2012-2013, then full time in 2013-2014. Which seems super far away when I say it. :P

This is also my 1,200th post!!

Jimbone

Aug 1, 2010
Boston
Thanks for all the info guys!
I noticed no one really mentioned J. Allen, haha. Can't wait to see these guys hit the big leagues

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Enroth will definitely see his fair share of games during the regular season. I'd say around 22 games. He's very technically sound and confident and could end up being the best of this group if he gets to be a #1 either in Buffalo or elsewhere.
I have to disagree there; I think both Allen and Lehner are much better than him and I haven't seen enough of John Gibson to compare him to the rest.

He's a small goaltender that gets beat up high too often, I don't get why everyone is so high on him (so much so that they believe he can be a starter in the NHL)..

Jimbone

Aug 1, 2010
Boston
I've always thought of the fact that he's only 5'10". that is very small for a goaltender. Scouts say what he doesn't have in size he makes up with speed and confidence. But a goalie that small, I have my doubts.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

I think Jake Allen's actually in a good situation in St. Louis. Halak hasn't proven he can start 60-70 games a year, only that he can be a very good 1A. For this year, Brian Elliott and Ben Bishop will probably battle for the backup job, though neither is on a one-way deal.

So while there is no need to rush Allen, he also doesn't have a Ryan Miller or Henrik Lundqvist in front of him, unless Halak really improves his stamina, which is possible. He'll probably get the three year AHL apprenticeship, but if he continues to develop rapidly, I don't see much in his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad